Chapter 2

Hope kicked the side of the wall."Damn it!"She yelled. She saw a shadow by the side of the window. "Who's there?!"Hope dug in her dead mothers tools shed. "Hmmm.. I didn't know that Mom had a pistol. Hope picked it up and decided to go around the outside of the house. Mom was a pharmaceuticals repressive. She really didn't say any about her job and never complained about a stressful day. What did she do to make someone mad enough to murder her?Hope wondered as she came around the front gate of the house. Then she heard a car pass by and park in her front yard. She aimed the pistol at the car but, she didn't shoot. "SBPD, put down that weapon!" the male voice commanded."I am sensing that you will find the body upstairs, in the pizza??........No, the upstairs bedroom" the other male voice said."Can we please come in and take a look at your house." a nice sounding female voice said."Finally, your here, but I thought you didn't believe me." Hope explained. They headed into the house as the female voice said."I'm Juliet and this is my partner, Carlton. Juliet pointed toward the man with brown hair and blue eyes."Detective Lassiter" Carlton looked at his partner with embarrassment and anger in his eyes. "I am the head psychic of the Santa Barbara Police Department." Hope did recognized this man. He had discovered a dinosaur head and much more. Hope nodded and said,"come on." Hope noticed that Shawn looked around the house like he was trying to find something."This way" Hope said as she pointed toward the stairs. Once they got to the top, Hope stood there. She couldn't move. Would they ask her to come inside to see her mom? "I need to call for backup."Carlton said. "This a personal and to investigate the crime seen....." "Wait, are you kicking me out?" Hope was starting to wonder if she had no parents, and no relatives, where would she go? "Since you have one where to go and it is not save out here for you to be alone, maybe you have some friends you can call and see if you can spend the night?"Juliet asked. "I don't have friends because I was homeschooled."Hope said trying to hide her embarrassment. "Well, we need you to cone into the station for questioning anyways so we could just do that now." Carlton pointed out. "Alright then." Hope was nervous, what we're they going to do, lock her up tell she says something?