𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 (𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲)

Percy Jackson's POV

"I am telling you. He is the one," I said dreamily as I was lying down in my bed in Cabin 3.

"You just broke up with Annabeth. Are you sure you want to focus on another relationship now?" Grover said questioningly.

"Oh come on. It's been a week since I broke up with her... besides, he's made me smile and laugh for the first time for the past week," I said, sitting up on my bed.

"True, both of you know each other like the back of your hands. But would Zeus be happy that you're screwing with his son though?" He said.

I picked up a pillow, throwing it at Grover. He yelped as he got hit in the head with the pillow.

"I'm serious!" I said with a chuckle. Claude's warm laugh always made me crack a smile. His deep but comforting voice could make my heart race. His smile could immediately lift my mood. Besides being super attractive, Claude is protective, kind, funny, comforting, and a loyal friend.

"How are you even gonna get with him anyway," Grover asked, "And don't blame me when it goes wrong."

"Oh trust me. It won't go wrong," I said with a smile, "And I'll figure it out. Maybe go on a quest with him? Train together? The opportunity will arrive."

----------------------------

Claude's POV

"It was nice catching up with Percy," I thought in my mind as I swung Thunderrippler while training in the arena, its spearhead striking a training dummy.

If I could describe Thunderrippler in one word, I would use flawless. Its general design was perfect. The celestial bronze weapon can change into any form that I want because of its polymorphism. Take its spear form for example, which I'm using now. It was longer than the average spear, but its weight was perfectly balanced. The sharp, lightning shaped blade at its tip was 2 feet long. Like me, Thunderrippler in any of its forms could channel wind and lightning. It's gotten me out of countless situations.

"Percy's changed a lot... and he's still funny" I chuckled to myself as I struck the training dummy again, striking its side. Lightning channeled through the spear and through the dummy, lighting it on fire.

Water splashed over the dummy, putting it out. "Do you typically set the training dummies on fire?" A voice said behind me, which I fully recognized as Percy. I turned, and he was standing behind me with an empty bucket.

"Chiron needs to work on the flammability of his training dummies," I said with a chuckle, "And yes I do sometimes set the dummies on fire. Where did you even get that bucket of water?"

"The son of Poseidon has his ways," Percy said with a sly smile.

I shook my head, chuckling. "Care for a duel like the old times?" I asked.

"Sure," He replied, taking Riptide out of his pocket, which was in the disguised form of a ballpoint pen. Percy uncapped it, revealing the famous sword.

"I sometimes forget that Riptide is a pen," I said with a grin, turning Thunderrippler into a longsword

"Ready to get beat?" Percy said a bit cockily, flourishing Riptide.

"Ehhh I'm not so sure about that," I replied with a chuckle as I lunged at Percy, launching a powerful strike at him.

Percy got knocked back as he blocked the strike, leaped to the side, and performed a light strike to my ribs, which I blocked with my leather vambraces. I stepped back, launching arcs of electricity at Percy as I swung my sword.

"Hey! No powers!" He exclaimed as the lightning arcs hit Riptide, which conducted through the bronze and shocked him.

"Didn't I teach you that the battlefield isn't always fair?" I shot back as I used the wind to walk on the walls of the arena, running towards him.

I swung at Percy from the wall, which he blocked. But I leaped down, sweeping my leg, resulting in Percy falling onto the sand.

"I taught you so many times. Always watch your legs," I said as I pointed my sword at Percy, "Or you would have lost your arm and leg." I lightly hit Percy with the flat of my blade on his right arm and left leg.

"Yeah you were always the better fighter," Percy said with a painful groan as he laid there on the sand

I took his hand, helping him up. "The son of Zeus has his ways," I mocked jokingly with a chuckle.

"Oh shut up thunderhead," He shot back with a smirk as he punched me in the arm.

"You still remember that nickname?" I replied, rubbing my arm.

"Of course I did," Percy said, "And I remember you not giving me one," He continued with a superior grin.

"Oh I'll think of one," I said, grabbing a bottle of water from a small round cooler in the corner of the arena, taking off the cap and drinking from it, before turning Thunderrippler into its pendant form, which I typically use to disguise it, and hung it around my neck.

"See you later Percy," I said as I picked up the small cooler and put it on my shoulder, before walking out of the arena, "You still suck at sword fighting!" I shouted behind me.

"Am not!" Percy said with a grin as he watched me walk away.

Was it just me or was I beginning to get a bit closer to Percy? Definitely more than I have before. We still have that teasing but close friendship, if not a bit more developed. I mean, he came to me and vented about his breakup with Annabeth.

Not to mention that I was beginning to like him in a much more different way...