Strawberry Kisses

It was a beautiful Spring day, you laid beneath the only tree that you'd ever been able to without having to worry about allergies, in total contentment

It was a beautiful Spring day, you laid beneath the only tree that you'd ever been able to without having to worry about allergies, in total contentment. An arm extended upwards, tirelessly holding a book up to block out the bright white sun so as to not burn your retinas. Even if it meant the ache in your arm was ever present, the muscles around your locked elbow crying for relief but the main character was just about to—.

A disgruntled sigh left your lips and brushed over her chuckling face, Natasha playfully tossed your book aside. You could glare for only a second before you were staring in awe at the angel above you. The sun casted an incandescent glow around her auburn hair, bright enough for you to see the softly smiling redhead with a heart filled with chocolate covered strawberries.

It was the sweetest thing you'd ever seen, her eyes sparkled and her lips upturned gently as she shook it, then she paused and your eyes locked with intensity.

The both of you stared for a few seconds, silently retracing the other's features before you abruptly took the container from her and lifted it onto the blanket behind you just to reach for the lapels of her jet black leather jacket, buckling her elbows with a rough tug.

Her giggled breath brushed over your cheek as your huff trailed down her neck bringing on goosebumps. It fell silent for a moment before you nudged her cheek with yours and she pulled back with an adoring smile. Your face soon mirrored hers until she shook her head.

"But—." Natasha shook her head again then moved on.

Next thing you know she is leaning over you, the swell of her silky chest felt on both of your cheeks and you decided to tease her back as you playfully blew a raspberry against her skin while shaking your head.

Natasha snorted in surprise, "seriously detka?"

"What, we were merely becoming reacquainted," you deadpanned only to shake with laughter when her face returned to above yours with a feigned offense etched into her scowl. "I'm trying to be romantic; asshole!"

"Oh," you clutched your chest and gasped, "my heart is beating rapidly in my chest, the pet-name you have bestowed upon me inspires butterflies, Natasha, my—."

Natasha grunted then suddenly you were choking on the tart juice of the chocolate covered strawberry your full time best friend and (only) part time lover bought for you, apparently. The deflective teasing was pissing her off, a blurred flash of green crossed over your vision, you gasped a full breath in only to lose your air again when her tongue and lips collided with yours.

For a few short moments she kissed you dumb, not long enough for the tension to be unbearable, but felt.

Then she was pulling back with an accomplished smirk and you were once again glaring at her for stopping, but then you were frowning as you felt your heart skip in a way that was not foreign to you, just kept secret.