02

Abhi entered his apartment, after a tiring day at work.... the huge workload made him worn out, plus the last night's fight with preeta, didn't help the situation either.

Smiling to himself, he glanced at the freshly bought bouquet of roses... the intoxicating smell of flowers brought back the memories of their initial days, when being with each other was the only thing they wanted in life....

The apartment was dark, meaning she wasn't home yet. He mentally sighed, taking out the stuff he had bought to make her happy.... After all it was their 2 year anniversary.

Preeta and Abhi have been married for 2 years now. They weren't like the typical couple you'll see... more than being a couple, they acted like partners....

Their fathers knew each other from work, and thats what lead to their arrange marriage. Abhi himself didnt believe in love, but still he felt some sort of attraction for her when they were first introduced.

Hence he proposed the idea to date, before jumping into engagement and an early marriage.... to make themselves comfortable.

The duo began spending time together, going on drives, watching movies..... they were happy and felt compatible with each other. So, taking his time, Abhi finally proposed giving her the freedom of choice.

The families were happy, they got married in a span of 6 months, but as they say... practical life indeed isnt a bed of roses.

Abhi soon got promoted at his job, and higher rank means more responsibilty... the same can be said about preeta.. her knew book kept her busy, and neither of them gave each other the deserved time.

Plus the lack of communication was the key factor that lead to their routinely fights and change of hearts.

"Grandpa...." Karan peaked into the room with a wide smile as he stepped into the office. The elder man raised his head from the newspaper, eyes focused on the young man infront... the corners of lips tilted into gummy smile.

"My handsome grandson!!!!" he cooed grabbing his stick to stand but karan was quick enough to hold him....

"Easy there, We dont want you to have broken limbs on the very first day of my arrival now, do we??" he teased with a smile earning a hard smack on his back making him stumble forward.

"This old skeleton is still strong enough to make you kneel in my feet, you disrespectful brat!!!" He said before pulling karan into a bear hug, "now how is my grandson??"

"Goood as ever, doing what he loves and travelling around the world...." karan replied, eyes shining.

"Doing what you lovee???" He chuckled, which was no where being humorous, "Oh right, I saw your recent magazine.... you're pretty skilled in taking pictures.... Especially when it comes to barely covered women..." the sarcasm didnt go unnotice by karan, "I saw the recent bikini shoot you did..... i wonder what your parents would have said if they saw their lovely son photographing those models..."

And just like that, as always his good mood was ruined, he let out a bitter laugh, shaking his head..."it was so foolish of me to think that this meeting will go warm and friendly......" eyes stern, as he looked at the man infront, "So lets get to the topic Mr Luthra... I'm pretty sure you didnt call me back from London just for a mere chitchat...."

The elder man sighed with a chuckle, nodding, "Okay then, lets get straight to the point, I want you to leave this side hobby of yours and join our family business..... until when will you continue to act like an arrogant incompetent teenager?? You have to secure your future and I want you to be married by the end of this year!!"