Chapter 2: Shattered Dreams

We're at the airport now with my parents. It still hurts for what happened yesterday. I was sitting in the chair thinking about Avery; I miss her so much. I don't want to go with my parents to Canada because of Avery; she is the reason why I want to stay. But what happened yesterday still haunts me, so that's why I agreed to go with my parents. As we arrive in Canada, my dad books a hotel for me and my mom, and I took some rest. I didn't hear my alarm, so I fell asleep for a long time, and it's finally night. My mom is cooking dinner for us, and she calls me, so I stood up and got ready to eat. Dad still isn't home because of his business. When he gets home, he's stressed, tired, and didn't get enough sleep. When I unpack the luggage, I find a picture of us with Avery; it's a duplicate, the other one is with her. I got to the bathroom to wash up and then go to sleep.

As I woke up, my mom calls me that we are going to the park, and I'm excited. I want to ride the roller coasters. When we arrive, I ask, "Mom, can I get some ice cream?" and she nods. "Yay, we're going to get an ice cream! Thanks, Mom." "You're welcome, Larkin." "It's so delicious, Mom." I saw a familiar face, and I thought it was Avery, but it's not. My excited face turned sad in an instant. "What's wrong, Larkin?" my mom told me with a sad tone, "I thought it was Avery." "Oh, sorry, Larkin. You know what? Let's ride the roller coaster now." It's my first time riding this, so I'm a bit scared and nervous. When the roller coaster starts, I find my mom funny. "Mom, hold tight with me," and my mom keeps shouting to stop the roller coaster. When the roller coaster ends, my mom is still in it, but her soul is not there. It's so funny. "Hahaha, thanks, Mom. I really enjoyed it with you." "It's nothing, Larkin. As long as you are happy, I'm happy too. Let's go, let's eat  lunch, and after we are done eating, we're going back here to ride all the rides." "Let's eat at McDonald's, okay? Let's go." My mom orders our lunch, and I sit here and wait for my mom. When our order arrives, I eat it quickly because I'm so hungry. As soon as we are done eating, we got back to the park. I ask my mom if we could ride that, and my mom just nods. We try the skydrop, and as it finishes, I told my mom to go home because I feel dizzy. When we got home, my mom took care of me, and I vomit many times. I told my mom that I will never ride that again. My mom just laughs at me as I fall asleep.