Prologue

Hi guys! This is a new story I'm working on. Please let me know if you like it. I have more to this story so if you show interest then I'll post another chapter. Thanks

Running away from home isn't the easiest decision to make especially at nineteen years old. Actually, scratch that. I didn't exactly run away from home. I moved out but my mother might as well have told everyone I was kidnapped. When my dad left she took it pretty hard, harder than I expected her too. She didn't love him anymore and he didn't love her but what hurt her most was the scandal she thought it caused among their mutual friends. My mom thrives for the attention but looking anything less than perfect made her a crazy anal control freak. And that was exactly what I was doing in her eyes, ruining her perfect rich Zen life by humiliating her by leaving home to be with the man I love. Since she has little to no control over Jake, she felt the need to hate him. She just couldn't accept that I choose to be with Jake even after to yelled and discouraged me not to be.

The day I left, Jake and I packed as much of my clothes that we could fit into two big suitcases. Jake and I got there early in the morning, when my mom was supposed to be at morning breakfast with her society friends. Unfortunately, that breakfast ended early. She found us in my room with my things half packed. As soon as she found us both she screamed and yelled at me from the entrance of my room. She ignored that fact that Jake was there and stared bullets through me. "I'm not letting you do this! I just barely got my reputation make amongst my friends after what your father did. You will not make me look bad again, Ana!"

Ignoring her, I walked into my walk-in closet and put as many of my shoes into a big duffle bag as I could. "Are you listening to me?!" She followed me into my closet and stood in the way so that I couldn't leave. What annoyed me the most was her lack of respect for me and the decision I was making at the moment. "The Grant's are not the family I want you married in to! What would everyone think? You involved with someone like him?!" What also pissed me off it what little respect she had for Jake. He could hear her every word but that didn't stop her from degrading him and his family.

Before Jake could say anything to her that would definitely put her in her place, I cut in. "I can give a flying rat's ass what anyone freaking thinks, mom! I love him. I have been with him since I was sixteen. You never seemed to care about whom I dated or what I did before dad left. Then he leaves and suddenly you care. I want to be with him and he wants me. Just be happy for me mom!"

"He's four years older than you, Ana! How could you have been with him since you were sixteen? That's abuse! I'll call the cops." She glared at Jake. If looks could kill, Jake would definitely be dead. "Dad knew." I spat out.

"What?"

"He knew and he approved. So you can't call the police. You can't accuse him of anything. We love each other. We are moving in together. There is nothing you can do or say to stop me. Now move out of our way so we can get my things out of here."

"If you leave then I'm disowning you. You are never welcome back again." I hugged her. "I won't help you pick up the pieces as soon as he leaves you. He won't love you for long. Keep that one in mind." We left and I didn't turn back to look at my old house nor did I turn back to look back at my mom. Jake put my things in the trunk of his Audi A3 and we drove off.

*********

"I'm going to marry you one day!" Jake picked me up by my waist and spun me around in our new condo apartment. I laughed, cheerfully. "How are you so sure that I'll say yes?" I asked him with as much seriousness that I could muster. He smiled. His beautiful blue eyes stared into mine. "I just know, babe." He set me down and moved over to the window that had the most beautiful view of the Chicago skyline and part of Lake Michigan. "Do you like it?" I walked over to him and hugged him from behind. "I love it."