Chris

I think I might have actually made a friend here. It might surprise you but the people here, aren't that nice. I wonder if they know you don't have to be mean to be a thief? Well, at least I met Carlos who seems pretty nice. But then again these people are learning to be world-class thieves and are prepared to go undercover. Huh, could he actually be a shark pretending to be a seal so he can eat the other seal! In case you didn't get that, I'm the other seal!! 

"Hey all good  Chris? You look like you've seen a ghost!" He said, I don't know if it was kindly or sarcastically. Maybe I'm over thinking this...

"Oh ah, nah all good. Haha. " Was that to suspicious? 

"Oh, kay....."

We walked up to a door and Carlos pulled out a key card. Fancy places for thieves. The rooms were in a building centered in a circular lawn. It was pretty big. Anyway, after scanning the card he put in the passcode. I'm just going to assume it's so that you cant break into each other's room.  Not gonna lie this is not helping me with my trust issues.  

"Welcome to our humble abode." He said happily as he walked in backwards with his arms extended. 

There were four beds by a huge window that made up the wall, two beds on either side of the room. You could see the lawn and some of the other buildings. The bathroom was to the left, kitchen to the right. It wasn't a huge kitchen, just a mini fridge, microwave, and that kind of stuff. It was just one room but really nice. Had a round table in the center and a large beanbag in the corner with a guy that looked familiar lounging on it scrolling threw his phone. I think he was the guy that I saw Carlos talking to earlier, must've been Jay.

"Hey Jay!" Carlos said throwing a pillow at him. Yep, that's Jay.

"DUDE!" Jay said throwing back the pillow. 

"This is Chris" Carlos said as he put the pillow back on a bed. "He is going to be our new roommate."

"Cool."Jay said walking towards me. He had longer black hair and a friendly kind of face. He seemed like a guy that would be on one of those Malibu surf shows er something. Anyway he put out his hand to shake mine.

"You don't uh, " he said pulling away his hand cautiously . "you know, like beat people up in your sleep do you?"

"No! What!?"

"Our last roommate did that..." Carlos broke in. 

"Sorry just wanted to be sure." Jay said with a smile. He lowered his and and I shook it.  

They showed me which bed would be mine and I decided that maybe this would be more like an apple pie rather than the mud pie I figured my life was turning to. Yeah, that didn't sound as cool as I thought it would...

                                                    ...

The rest of the day was pretty chill because we didn't have anymore training. I think Sundays are my new favorite day. Sadly, that makes tomorrow Monday, meaning I will probably die either from exhaustion or some other kid might quite literally kill me by the time we go to lunch, so that's great. I also realized that I left my mug down where these crazy people KIDNAPPED ME! I mean it's fine, its not like it was my favorite or anything, it just that it sort of was. 

"Hey. You ready to hit the pool?" Asked Carlos. He was already in his trucks with a towel over his shoulder. I just realized that I've just been sitting here on the beanbag ranting to myself about my life, staring at the wall for the past thirty minutes. You don't thing they will find that weird, will they?

"Yeah, okay. Let me just...Wait, there's a pool!?"

"Mm Hm. Me and Jay were gonna tell you about it but you seemed busy ah...contemplating. Anyway Jay said he would meet us down there."

"Okay give me five to change and grab my towel. No one's gonna try and drown me are they...?" Just by the fact that he had to think about it...yeah that's not very reassuring.  

"...Not unless you provoke them too...?" He said it like it was a question. Again, NOT REASSURING!!  "You'll be fine but we should go. I told Jay we'd be there soon"

The walk down the hall was pretty awkward. Either that or its just me because Carlos looked happy and confident. Like there was not a reason for stress in the world. He's been like that since I met him, you know like this morning. Yeah we go way back. Anyway the halls were all very nice. It had like a happy beach place kind of vibe. Are we on the beach? I haven't left campus yet so maybe. I should just ask I guess. But I have to play it cool...

"So where are we, exactly?" Yeah real smooth. I sounded more like a scared mouse than I would have liked. 

"None of us really no. Except the ones of us who have been sent on a mission in the past. They aren't allowed to tell anyone. But its a beach, if that's what you are wondering." Sooo, that's great.

"Oh. Okay. And this like, never concerns you or anything...?"

"Nope!" He has a natural swagger that makes me want be believe him...ish.

"Hm" Yeah, real subtle. 

We finally arrived to a door with the word Pool on it. But he sign next to it was the concerning part. It read:

       Rules

-No drowning unless needed

-Closed for training sometimes so don't disturb during said times

-Don't call for me if/when someone dies

I think its safe to assume that none of the adults at this school care about our safety...