April Fools! Surprise :)

Sophie was making out with Keefe as per usual. They jumped out of their skin when they heard the sound of front door to the Foxfire library opening. They froze in place, hidden in a corner, hoping not to be noticed. 

"Hello? I know it's you in here, I heard you." Came the voice of Magnate Leto, since he knew that they were skipping class. 

Sophie swiftly shielded their minds from detection as Leto passed by without spotting them. I better head back to class now. She told him telepathically. 

"Be careful okay?" She whispered as she stood up to leave. "Since when was I ever careful?" Keefe's expression fell as he watched her sneak out. 

As Sophie slowly made her way back to class, knowing she would be in trouble anyway, might as well delay it. She was so lost in thought that when she kept walking even when she heard swift footsteps, she didn't get out of the way in time and they crashed sprawled out on the floor. 

"Ugh..." Sophie groaned, feeling the familiar onset of a headache. 

"Sophie, is that you?" Came the voice of Jensi, recognizable even in her dazed state. He picked himself up and extended a hand to help Sophie to her feet. "Sorry about that, I was running late for class because I forgot to grab some supplies." 

Jensi stood there awkwardly, looking like he wanted to say something but couldn't find the right words. "Uh... You gonna take my hand yet?" He asked, a faint hint of nervousness in his voice. 

Sophie snapped out of her daze and grabbed his offered hand, helping her to get up. "Well, we're late anyway." He still held a tight grip on her hand. 

Jensi's eyes darted off at something in the distance. "I have to admit something," he spoke swiftly, getting the words out before he could convince himself not to. 

Sophie raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" Her curiosity piqued. 

"Ever since I first met you, I've always felt nervous around you, and now I finally figured out why." His gaze returned back to her and he looked deeply into her beautiful brown eyes. "I love you." 

Sophie's felt a rush of emotions flood through her at Jensi's confession. "I never realized..." She began, her voice trailing off as she processed his words. 

Before she could fully comprehend what was happening, Jensi leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. For a moment, time seemed to stand still, when he pulled away, Sophie's mind was reeling. 

"Y-You shouldn't have... I have Keefe..." Her heart racing with a newfound realization, Jensi had been there for her the whole time, since the beginning of when she had come to the Lost Cities, how had she not seen it all along? 

Then she punched him in the face and ran off to class lol the end.