𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟓.

Author's Pov"But officer, the text ends with a smiley face—it's got to be a sign it's really her," Ivy insisted, her eyes practically begging him to believe her

Author's Pov
"But officer, the text ends with a smiley face—it's got to be a sign it's really her," Ivy insisted, her eyes practically begging him to believe her. She and Raegan had spent what felt like eternity, a whole two hours, at the police station trying to get the cops to take them seriously about the threatening message Ivy received at the Halloween party from an unknown number.

The officer let out an annoyed sigh, persisting in rifling through papers that had no bearing on the issue Ivy was attempting to convey. It was unclear whether his disregard stemmed from racial profiling, given that she's a black woman, or if he was merely disinterested, dismissing my concerns as a joke.

"I understand this is distressing for you, ma'am. We've looked into similar reports and, unfortunately, they turned out to be pranks, especially on Halloween. The number you've mentioned has been disconnected, making it difficult to trace the user. Should you receive any further messages, I'd advise changing your number to avoid any additional stress."

Ivy chuckled bitterly and stood up from her seat, Raegan following suit. "How the hell can you call yourself a police and not take action on this? Even if it were a prank, how the hell could you be so sure? What about the picture that were taken of me!" Ivy's words were laced with frustration and fury, her entire demeanor broadcasting her outrage.

The police officer glanced around the station, his face flushed with embarrassment, as everyone turned their attention to Ivy's sudden outburst. "Ma'am, we'll do everything in our power to get to the bottom of this. Once we have more information on the number, we'll reach out to you. Do you have somewhere to stay tonight until things are sorted?" he asked, concern finally evident in his voice.

Ivy gave a silent nod, and together with Raegan, they exited the police station. As they opened the door, they were greeted by the setting sun, casting long shadows in the darkening sky. They had spent hours at the station, and exhaustion weighed heavily on them. All they wanted now was some much-needed rest, as they hadn't been able to relax ever since Ivy received that message.

"Are you going to sleep over at my place tonight? You know there's always a spot for you, Ivy." Raegan offered as she made her way to the driver's side of her own car, having both driven separately to the station.

Ivy exhaled deeply and held the door open for Raegan, who slid into the driver's seat. Leaning against the car, Ivy murmured, "No, I think I'll manage on my own tonight. I don't want to dump all this on you, especially with everything you've got on your plate." Raegan's brows knitted together, her gaze fixed on Ivy with an expression of disbelief.

"Ivy, you're not hearing yourself. It's no trouble at all for you to stay over, especially with everything going on," Raegan insisted.

"I'm going to be fine, Rae. Seriously."

Raegan let out a sigh nodded, feeling a bit defeated. Ivy let out a soft laugh at Raegan's expression, then gently pecked her on the forehead before straightening up and closing the car door. As Raegan started to pull away, she rolled down her window, shouting, "I love you! Make sure you call me once you're home, alright?"