Chapter 21 Kidnapped

"So let me get this straight." Daisy sits across from me at the table. "You're pregnant."

"Yes."

"With the bodyguards child."

"Yes."

"And not only is Doug not breaking up with you, he wants to move in with you, er, have you move in with him and his brother so he can take care of you. Oh, and instead of benign fired the bodyguards going to be there taking built up vacation time to take care of you too."

"Yes." I pull my feet up on the couch.

"What are the hell, woman! What kind of magical soap opera life are you living?!" She hits me with a decorative pillow.

"I have no idea." I confess. "You're not mad I'm moving out?"

"No, you paid the entire rent for the rest of the year. Why would I be mad. I'll miss you but go you." She sighs and brushes her hair out of her face. "I don't suppose you could introduce me to Jake."

"Not right now. He's going through some things." I say as apologetically as I can. "But I'll see if he's interested in a double date when I can."

"That's okay. Just don't forget me and invite me to your wedding."

"Wedding!"

"Jennifer Leigh Masters if you don't marry that man I will never forgive you."

"I assume you're talking about Doug."

"Yes, Doug.Of course, Doug. The man worships you beyond reason. You could probably even have that polyharem of yours and he'll be okay with it."

"I'm a quality not quantity girl and I want it to come naturally."

"Like say with a handsome bodyguard?"

"No, that's just... just a physical thing. Freinds with benefits at best. But that's done with for the length of the pregnancy."

"So you're going to keep it?"

"I don't know! I want to talk to Doug about it but not while he's studying. I'm going to wait until he comes back."

"What is he studying anyways?"

"Oh, just.. The rainforest." I lie. "He's just down there for a few more weeks though."

"Cool. I guess it's hard to get in touch with him then."

"It really is."I look down at my hands.

"So when are you leaving?"

"The movers come tomorrow."

"Wow." she slumps back on the couch

"Yeah, right? This is all so surreal." I can't help but yawn. "I'm going to go take a nap before I start packing. I'll see you later Daisy."

"See you later."

But of course I don't wake up until morning when the movers knock on the door.

"Shit! I'm sorry. I overslept." I apologize to them. "Nothings packed."

"That's alright." they smile. "We pack, too. Just one room?"

"Yes please. The downstairs bedroom." I show them. "Everything but the furniture."

"Shouldn't take too long. Why don't you go get something to eat? We'll be done by the time you get back. The boss pats my shoulder as my stomach growls. I am starving.