Locker 1216 (6)

I know a lot of you are going to hate me for this chapter, but I wanted it to be unpredictable.

Not proof-read.

Chapter 6

Homeroom was quiet for the first time in a while. Everyone was talking quietly amongst themselves whilst Miss Fuffleberry spoke to the headmaster, Mr Cleeves, at the front of the room, and Jason was handing out permission slips for an upcoming field trip. Surprisingly, I wasn't the talk of the class.

"What does this word mean?" Annie asked, pointing to a word on her cut and pasted homework. "Mr. Padnick will question whether I wrote it if I don't know what all the words mean."

"Infidelity means to be unfaithful, to cheat or to betray your partner," I answered in thought. "I think."

My mind was stuck on what had happened last night. I wanted to check up on Ruben, and apologise to Warren. He didn't need me yelling at him like that, and I couldn't bare the fact that he may never speak to me again over this. Why would he? I turned him away when he only had good intentions.

The bell went for first period, math. Everyone began standing up and shoving chairs under desks, and then Annie and I made our way to first period. She had English Lit with Mr. Padnick, whilst I had Geography.

"Have you spoken to Gita and Sita yet?" Annie questioned, her eyes skimming the hallway.

Truth was, I hadn't even seen them ever since the whole misunderstanding with Ruben. Which reminded me, I couldn't even tell Annie what happened with Ruben and Warren last night, what if she absolutely flipped out like the twins and thought it was my fault? Or it gets out that he came onto me... Ana wouldn't be so happy about that.

"No," I said finally.  "I haven't."

Annie and I parted, she went upstairs for her class, and I stayed down for mine. I walked into the classroom, and to my appreciation, nobody was there besides Mr. Knight, my Geography teacher.

"Hello Cordelia," he welcomed, smiling as he wiped the chalk of the blackboard. "You have a free period today as we have a test next week. I've given you time to 'revise' but you know, it's only if you need it. Plus, I've got tons of marking to do."

"Oh, alright. See you Monday, Sir," I smiled, making my way out.

As I walked through the door, he waved goodbye.

Mr. Knight usually gave us free periods, and I think it was mainly because he'd prefer to have an empty classroom. It didn't matter much however; we covered quite a lot in lessons.

I walked from building to building, and at last reached my locker, in which I placed my books inside. I kind of knew that that wasn't the only reason I went there... I needed to see Warren and apologise. He wasn't there though, and it was a silly thought to think he would be, since he'd probably be in class right now. I closed back my locker door and made my way to the school library, I thought I'd take the advantage of this free period, and actually revise.

Once I got there, hardly anybody was there. I went to the top floor in search for geographical text books. Nobody was there besides me, it was actually pretty peaceful. I skimmed the bookshelf, and came across the text book I would need however to my dismay, they were pretty high. I climbed the ladder to reach the geographical textbook of 2013.

"Hey," a deep, masculine voice greeted. I jumped out of my skin with fright and my heel got caught in the ladder. Out of panic, I struggled, causing me to completely fall off the ladder. I let out a scream as I felt the air rush beneath me as I fell and forcefully shut my eyes.