Life Log #16 (no font)

Day 8 (because i'm counting the days since the first day I've been officially a youngster):

Sorry if I had to skip Sunday. Nothing much happened, except for Zoe driving me back to the R.Y. Building so that I could prepare for tomorrow, which is today. She wished me good luck, hugged me, and kissed me on the forehead. She also told me to drop by often at the main building.

I got my newly-washed clothes and underwear, as well as new stuff back into my room. I got there before Amanda. Slept at around 10:00pm.

I woke up, I checked the time, and when I got up I just saw her looking at me with eyes wide open with eye bags.

"I arrived late, and I COULDN'T SLEEP!" Her hair was messy. But it was messy in a good way. Sort of. I can't lie, it's not good.

"What happened?"

"Remember when I told you that my family went to visit my grandparents? Well, my mom promised that we'd drive home early, but the traffic was just so much. By midnight I was finally here. Almost all of the lights were out, as well as the elevator, so what I had to do was take the stairs. I was so tired that I had to get a small bottle of coffee from the cafeteria's vending machine. The coffee was too strong. I looked at the ingredients of the bottle. 200 milligrams of caffeine! 200 MILLIGRAMS! The women in the other building are high on something!" She screamed as she shook my shoulders.

"You're certainly high on caffeine."

"Not my fault!"

"You still drank it."

"Touché."

"Well, I guess you learned something."

"I guess so." She whimpered. "I'm not drinking that bottle again. I should've given myself tea instead."

"Wait, did you have your keycard with you?"

"Yep." She smiled and fell on the ground. I heard her snores.

I tried waking her up.

"Amanda? Amanda! We have classes! Wake up!"

She snored louder.

"Ah, never mind."

I carried her and placed her on my deck of the bunker, as well as a blanket for her, because it was raining outside.

I took a cold shower and wore my training clothes as I get ready for Self-Defense Class. Another day of agony. Even the rain agreed.

I went to class, got on time. Only around 10 girls attended the class, rather than the usual 30, due to most of them getting sick from something. Lucena told me about it. She was also there in the room. Seems kinda weird right after 2 days of rest. What happened to them? A headquarters endemic?

Ryder walked in, and her eyes widened as she saw only a few people. I can see Lucena just a few feet away from me. I looked back at Ryder. Her serious, bully face is not there. She seems, fatigued.

"A bad and rainy morning, class." She sounds tired too.

No one responded. She sat at the center of the mats while she was on a thinking pose. She's brainstorming.

"Has anyone here tried sparring? I know it might be too early but since you guys are the only ones, I wanna know your thoughts about it."

Everyone was silent.

"Oh come on! I'm trying to be nice just this once."

I can hear the crickets from outside, despite a few girls talking somewhere across me.

She looked at me.

"I see you changed something in your hair. Where's blondie, Cotton?"

"She uh, drank the cafeteria coffee last midnight."