9

Alexandra and Nik were still sat on the bench at the back of the car park three hours later. After talking about the supernatural, and having all of the younger Mikaelsons questions answered, they began talking more about their siblings.

Throughout their conversation, Alexandra had two more memories come back to her. These were of her and Nik, playing and talking, having fun in the flower field that seemed to be their main place to hang out.

Nik told her what he really thought of their siblings, and what they were like. He told her how she was similar to each of them, and how they'd each be proud of her for who she'd become. He'd never admit to any of them anything he'd told his little sister. It would hurt his ego too much. He didn't want to drop the façade of hating them, even though he could never.

After a while, the conversation changed again, and the older Mikaelson sibling made the mistake of asking how the younger siblings adoptive family was, and if she had forgiven them yet.

She immediately became irritated, thinking of her adoptive parents and how they lied to her, and how they'd made her feel.

Alexandra knew she should have forgiven them by now, but she couldn't shake the feeling of pain and betrayal she had felt when she first found out. She had looked up to the two of them, for most of her life. She had always wanted to be like Abby, and to make Peter proud of her. They were her role models growing up. To find out they had lied to her about being her parents, and not trusted her enough to tell her the truth about, it had been like a slap to the face. She was angry, and she couldn't just forget about it.

As Nik looked at her, waiting for her response, he saw her face become expressionless and saw a flash of pain in her eyes, before she looked at him in an almost bored expression. He instantly knew he shouldn't have asked, but couldn't take it back now.

"They're fine," she replied. Her voice was cold and quiet, not wavering at all, as she looked down at her hands, fidgeting slightly.

"Are you okay Lex?" After seeing the look on her face, the older of the pair looked away, knowing he shouldn't have said anything else about the matter.

"Am I okay? Yeah, I'm fine. Am I okay with them lying to me? No." Alexandra's voice became angrier and her eyes flashed in pain once again. "Of course I'm not okay with that. They lied to me Nik. They kept the fact that they weren't my parents from me for years! How would you feel about that, huh?

Do you know how much I looked up to them growing up? Everything I did was to try to make them proud of me. All I ever wanted was to make my parents proud of me, to know that they were pleased at what I was doing. From the age of about seven years old, I've wanted to be more like Abby, make Peter proud to call me his daughter. Do you know how goddamn painful it was to hear that I wasn't their daughter? That they weren't my parents?

It felt like my whole life was a lie. It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. Family has always been the most important thing to me, and to find out that they've lied about it.." She took a deep breath, blinking back her tears. "They didn't even tell me themselves. I had to find out from you, who was a complete stranger to me at the time. So no, Nik, I'm not okay with it. I'm angry at them, and I can't stop being angry, however much I want to forgive them I can't!"

At this point, Alexandra's face was covered in tears, her expression angry, her eyes once again portraying her pain. This time, she didn't even bother to hide what her eyes gave away. She was too emotional for that.

She scoffed, threw her arms in the air in annoyance and stood up. She began running away from the table, forgetting that they were right next to a car park. As she ran, more tears welled up in her eyes, clouding her view.