Extra Notes

What Is This Story Actually About?

This story is about maturity and hope. It explores the darkness that we can feel. The doubts that we can have. When we go through what we call our 'crucibles', we can begin to give up hope that things will get better. But we have to remember that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Why Did I Use the Characters That I Did?

I chose Zelda, Link, Omega and Hunter because they are iconic characters that have gone through a crucible. This made them fitting for the story.

Zelda is dealing with the grief of losing her family and friend. She is also dealing with a bit of regret about sending Link back in time. She also blames herself for running away when Ganondorf took over Hyrule. We have to remember that Zelda was only around 11 years when that happened—there was nothing she could've possibly done. She thinks she is a monster because of the death and pain she caused...she doesn't see that Ganondorf caused all of that, not her.

Link is dealing with the grief of losing Navi and the fact that he killed people. He also blames himself for Ganondorf's rise to power. He opened the door to the Sacred Realm. He also feels trapped. He is an adult trapped in a child's body. Link could also be dealing with depression. He wished he were someone great, but being the Hero of Time was not great...not in his eyes. In fact, it was the opposite of great.

Omega is dealing with her grief of losing Tech and being separated from Hunter and the others. She feels like a prisoner rather than an assistant. She feels her innocence fading with every day that she is at Tantiss...due to the barbaric experiments she is told to assist with. She also wishes she doesn't exist, or her name was different so she wasn't constantly hunted down by the Empire.

Finally, Hunter is dealing with his grief of losing Tech and Omega. He is in a dark place where Wrecker doesn't know how to help him. Hunter feels that drinking his sorrows away is the best option. He does this instead of trying to find Omega. He also feels that all he does is fail...he can't seem to succeed...that he's a defect, which isn't true. He may be a defect genetically, but he's not defective in his mind.

Reflection Symbolism

The reflection part is symbolising the fact that the characters see their younger, innocent selves when they see their face—hence why they can only see it. Everyone else would only see the true reflection. They are reflecting on their younger selves and saying how they have changed.

We all lose innocence when we get older...some people lose more than others, but there's only a certain amount of time that you can live in this imaginary world. We all have to eventually wake up and see the reality—which sucks.

Repetition

The parts repeat themselves, only worded slightly different. This is completely intentional. It's supposed to show us that they all are feeling the same way. It's supposed to symbolise that if you are feeling this way, there is a chance that others nearby are too.

Playlist
- Carry You (Feat. Fleurie) ~ Ruelle
- Alone, Pt. II ~ Alan Walker & Ava Max
- Champagne Problems [Clean Version] ~ Taylor Swift