Prolouge: Discovered

(Disclaimer: The following chapter is HEAVILY influenced by the script for The Phantom Menace, and borrows several lines of dialougue.)

Watto's Junk Shop - Tatooine - 32 BBY

A man in large, billowing robes strides into the shop. Besides him is a gungan, a teenage girl, and a small blue and white astromech.

A toydarian with light blue skin hovers in front of them and greets them.

(In Hutteese) "Good day to you. What do you want?"

The man is the one to reply. "I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian."

"Ah yes, Nubian. We have lotsa that." He turns around and calls, (In Hutteese) "Boys! Get Back over here."

"My droid has a readout of what I need," the man calls back.

Suddenly behind them, a short boy with blond hair runs out.

The toydarian shouts angrily, (In Hutteese) "What took you so long?"

The boy responds in basic, "I was cleaning the bin like you told me to ..."

"And where is the other one of you?"

"He's coming, he should have been here by now."

"Forget it. Watch the store, I have some selling to do. And make he doesn't mess anything up while I'm gone." The toydarian had directed the last statement at the gungan, who was now messing around with a spare part he had found on a desk. The man took the part from him and placed it back on the counter.

"Don't touch anything," the man commanded.

The gungan made a mocking face at the man, but complied nonetheless.

Meanwhile the boy was busy staring at the girl who had come with the others. He pretended to clean a part, but he couldn't take his eyes off of her. The girl smiled back awkwardly at the boy.

"Are you an angel?" the boy asked suddenly out of the blue.

"What?", the girl looked slightly confused.

"An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They live on the Moons of Iego I think. They are good and kind, and so pretty that they make even the most hardened space pirate cry."

"I've never heard of angels."

"You must be one ... maybe you don't know it."

"You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?"

"I listen to all the traders and starpilots that come through here. I'm a pilot you know? And someday I'm going to fly away from this place."

The girl looks down at the boy. "You're a pilot?"

"Mm-hmm. All my life."

Suddenly a boy rushes out from inside. He runs up to Anakin and sits down next to him.

"Where were you?", the older boy asked.

"I was watching from inside. I don't like meeting strangers."

"But Watto could have gotten mad! You should've come out right away."

"I'm sorry..."

The younger boy looked up at the girl. "Who is she?"

"She's an angel," the older boy replied.

"An angel! Like the ones you always tell me about? Like the ones from Iego?"