I Promised You

Book 4 - The Battle of the Labyrinth

Ayden hadn't run into any more monsters since she left the section where she'd come across Ki and Luke. They'd run off or she'd killed them. She didn't know which.

"Ayden!" She paused.

"Stop yelling you idiot." She recognized Annabeth's voice.

"Percy?!" Ayden called. The butterflies disappeared around her leaving her in the dark.

"Ayden! Ayden is that you!" She ran toward the sound.

"Percy!" She could hear the sound of their footfalls as they ran toward her as well. She came around the corner and saw Percy. His hair was a mess and he had a scratch on his cheek. There were others behind him with flashlights so she couldn't see who it was.

"Percy," She smiled as their bodies collided. Percy let out a long breath as he held her close.

"You found us." He smiled.

"I promised you." They leaned back. Ayden kissed him before she could stop herself. He'd kissed her first so she thought it was her turn. She liked kissing him. A lot.

"We need to agree to stop splitting up," She ran her fingers through his curls as he chuckled. Her hands moved to his arms as she touched his scars. "You have burn scars?"

"Mhm." He stared at her as she inspected his injuries. "I'm so glad I found you." She blushed and then saw a redhead behind him. Ayden gripped Percy's hand as she stared at the girl. "That's Rachel," Percy explained. "Rachel Dare from my school, remember?"

"Yeah, uh," Ayden looked at Annabeth. "She just looked like, you know."

"Yeah," Grover looked at the floor. "We know."

"Grover," Ayden smiled as he came forward hugging her. Tyson stepped forward wrapping his big arms around both of them.

"Glad you alive," He ruffled up her dirty hair.

"You too Ty, I was worried for you guys," She leaned around him seeing Grover again. "Did you see Pan?" His expression fell.

"Yeah, uh, it was his time to pass on. He said it was up to us now, hold on," He pointed at her. "How did you know Pan was down here? Did you know the whole time?"