𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟹: 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚖

Your POV:

Loki has been put in lockup on the Helicarrier in a cage designed to hold the hulk, though to be honest it doesn't look like it would be able to hold him. Right now we're in the briefing room watching the live footage of Nick trying to crack the bastard.

Bruce: He really grows on you, doesn't he?

(Y/N): Not the way I'd phrase it.

Steve: Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?

Thor: (turning and approaching you guys) He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract.

Steve:  An army? From outer space?

(Y/N): Wouldn't be the first time.

Just like that, everyones gaze moved to me.

(Y/N): Get to know me I'm interesting.

Bruce: So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for.

Thor: Selvig?

Bruce: He's an astrophysicist.

Thor: He's a friend.

Natasha: Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours.

Steve: I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here.

(Y/N): He obviously has a plan that involves something on the Helicarrier.

Bruce: Probably, but I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him.

Thor: Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother.

Natasha: He killed 80 people in two days.

Thor: He's adopted.

Bruce: I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?

Tony: It's a stabilizing agent.

Just like that, Stark walks in with Coulson.

Tony: (To Coulson) I'm just saying, pick a weekend. I'll fly you to Portland. Keep the love alive. (To everyone) Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. (To Thor) No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. (To everyone) Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants. (To S.H.I.E.L.D crew) Uh, raise the mizzenmast, jib the top sails. That man is playing Galaga!

I looked in the direction that he was pointing and saw someone quickly change his screen.

Tony: Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did. (covering his eye and looks around) How does Fury see these?

Maria: He turns.

Tony: Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to (snaps fingers) kick start the cube.

Maria: When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?

Tony: Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?

Steve: Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?

(Y/N): With an element like that? Absolutely.