Chapter 5: Concert Bliss

My shopping journey was a success. I called for a taxi and made it back to the hotel at 3pm. I enjoyed myself there more than I expected. The first thing I did after using the bathroom was curl my hair. I turned on my MacBook and played music while doing so. I did have some dance breaks here and there. It took me more than an hour in total. I proceeded to do my makeup. Personally mascara is the best part, I think it can transform anyone. Throughout this Matt's face kept appearing and disappearing. I finished by adding pink blush in a way similar to looking sunburnt. It was finally time to put on the entirely new outfit. I think I look dazzling which I have never looked before. I was shocked in the mirror. It is now 6:20 p.m. so I should start heading to the concert venue, The Staples Center. A prepaid taxi by VALT took me there. It is officially no longer raining.

When I arrived I went to look at the ticket I got. It was general admission (GA), meaning I have floor. I actually want to be touching the barricade. I want to see the band up close. Outside of The Staples Center is very spacious so I felt free like a bird when I decided to somehow run in these heels to line up at the doors for the GA entrance. It was going to open at 7:00 p.m. By the time 7 rolled around there was a long line behind me. Fans as eager as me. We are all here for one purpose: to hear music live. Maybe it saved someone's life or they're here out of boredom. Whatever the reason, we are united. The doors finally opened and the chilling outside air blew against me as I sped inside the arena. There were around 30 people in front of me and we ran as one. It was fun as the adrenaline rush hit me. I seriously considered taking off my heels to run faster. Luckily, as if blessed by an angel, I got barricade. I am to the right side of the arena but have a good view of the middle. I can't wait for the show to start. I am actually sweaty.

The rest of the doors opened at 7:30. I admired the arena I was in and it was large. As the room started to fill in the noise volume increased. Conversations were surrounding me. I overheard one conversation where someone said Dom is their favorite band member. I thought that was cute because I love him too and his humor. Finally the lights start to dim. It is around 8 o' clock now. It's pitch black and the scene is perfect. The crowd started cheering as lights above the stage turned on and the band members started making their way on stage. I screamed as loud as I could. I've never screamed like this before and it's honestly refreshing. I get goosebumps seeing Dom, Chris, and Matt enter one by one. This is like seeing a Van Gogh painting up close. I am mesmerized. 

They open with "The 2nd Law: Unsustainable". Tears just started to come out of my eyes. They are real and I'm hearing their voices and instruments less than a couple of feet away. God the guitar is so sexy. Is it wrong that I want Chris to hit me with his bass? Dom to throw his drumsticks at me? Matt's voice just transcends me somewhere else out of this Earth, out of reach. The introduction is everything. At the end of each song I grew more and more excited for what was next. My heart stopped beating for a second when I heard the riff for "Supermassive Black Hole".

 "Glaciers melting in the dead of night (Ooh)

And the superstar's sucked into the supermassive"

I was singing along to "Follow Me" when it ended and my favorite song was going to start, "Undisclosed Desires". Hearing the drums sent my body into oblivion. This is what the gates of heaven sound like if it existed.

"I know you've suffered, but I don't want you to hide