Chapter 41

~JASON~

Percy pulled a computer out of the Duat and placed it on the table. When he opened it, a bunch of holographic screens appeared, and I could see, like, the backwards version of it from the other side of the table. He touched a button on the hologram and spoke into the computer.

"Bardot, you can come in now," he said. Nico gave an audible gasp at the name. Who?

The door was kicked open once more, this time revealing a brown-eyed blonde woman flanked by four men, all dressed head to toe in black tac suits and black masks, hiding their faces. Percy stood up and vapor traveled to the woman in the front, giving her a huge hug. Something clenched in my chest. Why, I don't know.

Percy turned to address the gods. "Everyone, this is Riley Bardot from the Black Syndicate." A couple of the gods gasped, while the others and all of the demigods looked around in confusion. Riley took off her mask and gave a small smile.

Nico stood up and walked over to her, shaking hands with her. "I'm Agent Shadow. Nico di Angelo. Nice to meet you," he introduced himself. Riley nodded, eyes flashing in recognition at Nico's alias. Nico came back to his seat and Riley and her companions took their spots against the wall alongside Percy's army.

"For those of you who aren't aware," Percy said, "the Black Syndicate is one of the largest, most feared secretive underground crime organizations. Riley here is one of the main leaders. She, along with the countless criminals affiliated with the Black Syndicate have allied with us, and will work on keeping the mortals at bay since the enemy plans on unleashing monsters into the mortal world to distract us."

"Riley Bardot," Triton said slowly. Riley smirked.

"King Triton. How... nice it is to see you again," she said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. I was confused. How did they know each other?

"The feeling's mutual," Triton lied through his teeth. "Just try not to recreate Groundhog Day this time, yeah?"

Riley chuckled. "No promises." She turned to the rest of the gods, ending the interaction.

"Hey punk, when'd you get with the Black Syndicate? Didn't think you had it in you," Ares remarked with a snort.

Percy shrugged nonchalantly. "We had the same target and decided to work together, is all," he answered, obviously hiding the true details.

"This is still not enough, Jackson," Hera said, crossing her arms disappointedly.

Percy groaned and looked at her. "Lemme cook, aunt Hera," he whined. Hera scrunched her nose at the slang, but nodded. Percy smiled.

"Lady Athena," he said, turning to the goddess, "I think you'll like this one the most."

Athena tilted her head in curiosity. Percy held out a hand and a huge silvery-blue portal opened, and eight people stepped through. First, a man with a brown leather jacket and a red helmet, then a man wearing a black skin-tight jumpsuit, then a boy in red and black with a yellow emblem on the chest, then a shorter boy with a red top, black pants, green shoes, and a yellow cape, then a woman wearing the shortest metal skirt I've ever seen and a circlet similar to Thalias, then a dark-skinned man with gills similar to Percy's and white-blond hair, then a man dressed as a mustard bottle, and finally a blond woman with a bow and arrow.

"Lady Athena, I'm happy to tell you that I have mastered multiversal travel. I know most of you from Camp Half-Blood and maybe some from Camp Jupiter will recognize them, but these are some of the superheroes from the DC universe," Percy explained. Athena gasped in awe. What's DC? I looked around, noticing most of the Camp Half-Blood demigods with their eyes wide open with awe and admiration, like they'd just met their personal heroes. What's so important about a bunch of people dressed in spandex?