Chapter 2- The Agreement

It had been a few days since the meeting. Tracey had only briefly spoken to Christian about the Max situation. Max was refusing to speak to him. Ivory however was confused by his outrage and distress, she knew how it would benefit both of their careers and understood why the pair suggested the idea to them. Ivory had a tendency to do this, find the light in any situation. The girl seemed to be incapable of holding a grudge to anyone.

Tracy strutted into the living room, carrying a bag of bagels and 2 iced coffees, and then slouched down onto the couch. ''This is an absolute shambles, you know! I mean, it was a great idea. Ivory isn't even mad about it, right Ivy?'' Ivory hummed in agreement as she took the bagels out of the bag. ''Of course she's not mad. Look at her, she's a lost puppy.'' Darla piped up, ''but seriously, what are you doing about the full Max situation?'' Tracy just looked at her feigning crying sounds. ''Okay, guys. No more talk about my fake love life, this is supposed to be a girls trip! Even though it started out with other motives'' Ivory said eyeing up Tracey.

Ivory sat in between the girls on the couch, ''What's the plan for today then?''

Max eventually got his wishes for the summer break, he was currently lounging on the white sandy beaches in the Maldives alone with his gin and tonic. His phone had been powered off as a way to evade Christians constant attempts to speak with him. Max believed he had done no wrong. He was a simple man, he just wanted to race and he wanted his privacy. He couldn't be bothered with the constant media attention of a blooming relationship in the paddock. But what really made matters worse for this proposition was the fact it was fake, the constantly watching your back, can't slip up because in reality more worse would come from the relationship being found out to be fake than the actual good it could bring. Right?

As the night started to progress and a few more gin and tonics made their way down Max's throat, he grew angsty. Angsty that Christian had wasted some of his summer break, angsty that they had tried to deceive him and angsty that they were trying to bring his personal life into his sport. So Max made a mistake, a drunken mistake. One of the worst mistakes he could've made.

''Christian!'' Max slurred out, ''How dare you try set me up! Just because you're my boss doesn't mean you are in charge!'' ''Hello Max. I think that does mean I'm in charge. Is there anything else?'' ''Yeah! I'm not doing your stupid little thing!'' ''I really didn't want to have to let it come down to this but you've given me no other choice. You either agree to all terms of the contract or lose your seat. We'll talk in the morning.''  Beep. ''shit''

Ivory, Tracey and Darla took the phrase ''shop till you drop'' too literally. The trio were all slumped in a booth of a café surrounded by an array of bags. ''Ivy, why shopping, why not like bowling or something?'' Darla cried. ''I second that, my feet are killing me!'' As the sentence left Tracey's mouth, her phone started ringing, ''Wait here guys, it's Christian, I'll be back in a minute.''

''So much for a girls trip'' Ivory spoke rolling her eyes. ''Shhhh! This is for your career.'' ''Ah, you're right. She's just trying to help me achieve my dreams in her own weird little way.'' Ivory leant over the table and picked up Tracey's croissant and took a large bite out of it, ''that's for doing it behind my back though.'' The girls engaged themselves in chat about all the activities they want to do the trip and not much later Tracey reappeared at the table with a shocked look on her face. ''What is it Tracy?'' ''Is everything okay?'' 

''Max said he'll do it''

Once again, the unlikely group were sat in a meeting room in New York. Max had the greatest look of displeasure and discomfort on his face. It looked like one wrong word and he'd be flying out the window. Ivory on the other hand was nodding away and listening intently to all terms of the contract. She knew herself and Max would be spending a lot of time together and she wanted to make the best of it. In her optimistic mind, Ivy was hopeful to make a friend. However, Max was adamant on avoiding the girl, ignoring her and trying to make this twisted game end.

''Is there anyone out with this room you'd like to disclose the relationship to? Therefore we can send them an NDA?'' Raymond asked.

''Olivia Rodrigo and Conan Gray, please''

''Daniel Ricciardo'' 

And with that, Max and Ivory signed their names on the dotted lines. Marking a new occasion in their careers and lives. A spectacle neither of them anticipated to be taking part of, not even it predicting the week prior.

''So Max, it's been really lovely to meet you! I was wondering if I'd be able to get your number to message you about the race?'' Ivory perked up.

''No. If there is anything to be arranged our managers will talk.'' He walked past Ivy, not sparing her another glance.

''This is going to be fun'' she said to her girls, both of them sparing her a sympathetic look.