¤1¤

"GET IN!" I yelled at a kid as they were running towards us. As soon as they made it in, I slammed the door shut before hearing devilish screams and scratching on the door. I sighed in relief as I then looked at the kid. He seemed to have been crying, "Are you alright?" The kid simply nodded as he then hugged me. I hugged him back, surprised before Alex came over, "All the kids seem hungry, including us," He said before noticing the other kid, "Another..?" "I can't just leave them out there, their parents are literal zombies, they must be traumatized." I answered him as I was hugging the kid. Alex sighed, "So who's going to the cafeteria then?" He asked. "I'll go.. With Holly, " Alex nodded in response. He then kneeled down to face the kid, "Hey, little one, do you wanna hang out with the other kids?" The kid looked at Alex before slowly nodding. Alex smiled softly before offering his hand at the kid for him to take. The kid let go of me before hesitantly taking Alex's hand. They both then walked away as I smiled.

A/N: Just a little preview of what's coming up. The next chapter will be long because the beginning of the dream was before the apocalypse ofc so I'll make it the backstory. Bai for now :D