Chapter 7

There are two months left until Lala-chan's coming-of-age party. Today I'm in one of the reception rooms in the palace with my father and mother.My mother has been restless for a while now. His Majesty the King, the Queen, and Lala-chan are coming.My father seems composed, as if he's met His Majesty many times before. But he's stroking his thinning scalp more often than usual today, so he's probably nervous.I wonder if I'll go bald in the future, too...But I digress. Today is the day me and Lala-chan get engaged.After I was chosen as Lala-chan's escort for her coming-of-age party, the royal family apparently decided that we should get engaged anyway, and everything went splendidly. As for me, I wanted Lala-chan to be my own as soon as possible, so I agreed wholeheartedly.An engagement between two noble families is concluded when both families sign a pledge, and the king approves it. This time, the king is the one who signs the pledge, so the betrothal is concluded when he signs it.

Oh, I can't wait to see Lala-chan. The day before yesterday was a training day, and I've been back with my parents since yesterday, so I haven't seen her for two days.

As I was getting restless for reasons other than my mother's, a messenger came and took me away. I was taken to a different reception room, and when I entered the room, I found Lala-chan and Sir Ten there."Hey Jungkook, I'm glad you're here. Please have a seat. ""Yes, please excuse me."Wondering what was going on, I sat down on the sofa opposite Lala-chan and Sir Ten. There were no maids or guards in the room, just the three of us."Before you get engaged to Lili, she has something important to tell you. I think it can wait until after the marriage, but Lili insisted."What's so important? Lala-chan looked at me with a serious look."Jungkook, what I'm about to tell you is a closely guarded secret in the royal family, and the only people who know about it besides me are my father, mother, brother Taehyung, sister Jennie, brother Ten, brother Sehun, and my nanny. You have to promise not to tell anyone!"

Eh...Is this really such an important thing to tell me right now? Am I supposed to hear this?Ah, so that's why Sir Ten is with her. It's very bad for a man and a woman to be together in a closed room before marriage, so Sir Ten is present instead of the Royal Guard."I understand. But is it all right for me to listen to such an important question?""Yes, because if you hear this, you might not want to get engaged to me."Something that would make me not want to get engaged to Lala-chan? That would never happen, but could it be something like a big scar or a bruise on her body?I was nervous, wondering what it was all about, and then Lala-chan  started talking."It's about my peculiar constitution. I have the peculiarity of being able to hear other people's thoughts.".....................Eh? Can she hear other people's thoughts? That doesn't sound like a joke, does it?"No, it's not a joke. I really can hear your thoughts. I can usually hear them within a few meters."Are you kidding me? You're psychic?"Yes, I suppose you could call it psychic. But I've never shown it to a doctor, so I don't know why I can hear it."Wait a minute, so you can hear everything I'm thinking?"Yes, I can hear everything. "No. Wait, are you saying that you've heard everything I thought?

"For the past five years, I've been able to hear every thought Jungkook has whenever I'm around him. I'm sorry. It's creepy, isn't it...?"She's so cute when she's depressed! I mean, can you hear this too? It's not creepy at all. In fact, my Lala-chan is amazing! Wait, does that mean you know I'm calling you Lala-chan in my mind!!??"I'm glad you're calling me by such a unique nickname. More importantly, don't you hate it? I've been listening to your thoughts without your permission! "Strangely enough, I didn't feel bad at all. All I felt was that Lala-chan was amazing.""And that means I'll be listening to your thoughts for the rest of your life. You'd never want to marry a woman like that!""No. I'm sure there are many who find it uncomfortable to have their every thought exposed. But I swear to you, Lady Lisa, there is nothing you need to hear from me."No, I'm embarrassed that she knows all my feelings! But I can't help thinking that Lala-chan is cute and that I love her! I need to be open about this.Ah, I'm thinking weird again, and she can sort of hear what I'm thinking right now!? Don't think about it now, me!!!

Ah, Lala-chan's head is hung down in embarrassment. Oh, Sir Ten is glaring at me.

"Listen, if you ever make my little Lili cry, the royal family will never forgive you.""You don't have to worry about that, sir. I will love Lady Lisa from the bottom of my heart. "I said it! I love you! Am I being too fawning? But I do love her... I'm sure Lala-chan will find out anyway, so it's okay."Well said! Don't ever forget those words."Sir Ten nodded in satisfaction. I looked him in the eye and nodded back resolutely.Lala-chan's face turned red and she looked down. so cute.After that, we went back to the reception room where my father and mother were waiting for us, had a little chat with His Majesty the King and Queen, and signed the engagement pledge.It is not customary for noble and royal engagements to be annulled. Lala-chan is now mine.