CHAPTER 1

I was a girl  from the bad part of California . I lived with my parent s who never paid attention to me . when my parents gave birth to me , they only took one look and said they didn't want me because i was the devils child, you see I had a pair of eyes that had two different colors, my left eye was black and the other was blue.

         Growing up I realized that any time my parents saw me they would either shout I  hate you or devils child, they wold sometimes leave me at home to fend for my self . It was so bad that when I started preschool the teacher asked for my name then I told him 'I HATE YOU' she looked surprised and asked me again whats your name little girl then I repeated again but a little bit louder, the teacher got angry and sent me to the principals office, he called my parents to report me, but they didn't even care to show up. After that day i knew in my heart  that  my parents didn't love me.At the age of six my parents had totally forgotten that they had a child,I knew then I had to  take care of my self, I started by naming myself, Day Lilly since my parents forgot to name me at birth and i didn't know my parents last name.I learnt how to cook ,I was definitely too smart for my age, I learnt to tie my shoe laces make my raven black hair neat at least and learnt not to care what others think about me .

             when I was in the third grade my teachers realized that I was gifted cause I could solve a grade 6 math within split seconds , the principal yet again invited my parents over to school again , at least this time they remembered they had a daughter, when they arrived, the principal welcomed them and then explained how I was able to do what my mates couldn't   well I wasn't surprised with their reaction , until when the principal told them  that he would be moving me 3 grades ahead of my class , my parents didn't care at all they only bothered about the money they would spend on new textbooks , not that we weren't rich  they just didn't care  . Later that day when I got home i saw a book flying towards me, what was that? i asked as i had barely dodged , I met the face of my angry father as he continued shouting at me, why did you have to be at the top of your grade, why do you have to be so smart, do you know how much this is gonna cost me , of course I didn't reply I just went up to my room put on the head phones and took the i-pod that i saw in a trash can , then I started listening to it , before you knew it I was on my bed hugging my pillow and drowning my sorrows in it with tears,  it didn't help that I was gonna be in the grade 6 at the age of 8  ,  I just wanted to have normal parents but that was too much to ask for,I just let the music take me to another world.

        ever since then I realized that music is the only thing in this world that keeps me sane ,apart from karate and taekwondo  which was actually self taught. There was nothing wrong in being alone as a matter of fact I loved the silence little did I know that in a couple of years my whole life was going to turn around.