What The Otto's Are Up To Now

Let's recap May 31, 2021:

Momma announces she's pregnant with baby #4, dad wins the Westport town councilman election, Taylor and Trip get engaged, Oliver announces he's no longer going to even try to get into Harvard and he's dropping out of high school all because of Gyftee, I'm engaged to Franklin, and Cooper is allowed to still live with us and he's allowed to go to culinary school instead of following his dad's dreams for him.

Here's what we are up to now:

Mom and dad had their fourth child, they had another daughter and they named her Audrey Kennedy. Taylor and Trip got married two years ago and they have a child named Penelope. Oliver and Cooper graduated high school, and Oliver went to college at Harvard for ballet, and Cooper went to Cambridge since it's near Harvard and they're dating. As for me, I'm happily engaged to Franklin and I'm in high school now.

I didn't handle the news of mom's pregnancy well and I didn't handle hearing I'm having a little sister well but now I'm back in Dr. Ellie's class to help adjust to being a big sister. High school is well high school, I still see the kids I grew up with like Autumn and Penny.

Mom is dealing with a whole new group of Westport moms so that's been fun to hear about all the time but, dad helps her with it. Dad still goes to historical guilds and history reenactments when he can but since having Audrey he hasn't had much time to do that. He's also working on another book for Lonnie so I see Lonnie a lot but I don't mind.

I wish I got to see Taylor, Trip, and Penelope a lot more but Taylor and Trip moved out when they got married and they had Penelope about a year after they moved out. When they had Penelope we all drove to their apartment to help them for the first two weeks of Penelope's life. Mom and Cooper made them freezer meals, dad was always on baby duty and so was mom. Mom drove Taylor to her first doctor appointment after having Penelope and dad stayed with Penelope and Audrey.

I had told my teachers I'd be missing school for a few weeks so they emailed me my assignments so I helped with the babies and then I would do school when they napped unless I napped with them.

Mom had also asked Taylor if she wanted Katie to go with them to Penelope's first appointment and Taylor said let me talk to Trip and they both agreed that's it'd be better if Katie went with them so that day it was just dad, Audrey, and I at the apartment.

I text Oliver and Cooper almost everyday and they respond when they can but I am also working with Dr.Ellie on not being anxious when they don't respond right away because when they first went to college, I was so anxious I would cry until I fell asleep all week and was thinking that they hated me and then the moment they responded I would respond and mom and dad were worried about me.

Let's get back to high school, I don't fit in but neither does Franklin which doesn't bother me but I see people whispering around us so, I text Taylor and Oliver and asked how they fit in when they were my age. Taylor reminds me that's when she first dyeing her hair blonde and she was a part of the Blondetourage group. She said it also helped that mom was still trying to fit in with Tara, Chloe, Suzanne and the rest of the Westport moms so she let me dye my hair so that I could fit in as well with my classmates. She told me I should join a club to fit in more, she then told me that dad made her join drama club and that's when she felt the most like herself at school. She told me I should join a club or a sport. I said I keep trying out for cheer but I never make it. Mom keeps telling me to try out for mascot since I'm "special". Taylor says I'll talk to mom about what she meant and this Friday, I'll pick you up from school and you can spend the weekend with us and I'll help you navigate high school and learn how to fit in or stand out that's up to you.

Oliver and Taylor secretly plan for Oliver and Cooper to come to Taylor's that weekend as well but Oliver tried to help me over text but he was best friends with the richest kid in Westport otherwise I think I wouldn't have fit in as well as I did.

After the weekend with Trip, Taylor, Oliver, Cooper, and Penelope I decide to just be myself so Franklin and I hangout all the time he comes over after school, mom still does carpool with him as well and I don't do any extracurricular activities or clubs or sports. I think mom and dad stopped trying to get me to do one but I also help Franklin with his podcast still so I'm assuming they're happy I do that but they are also super distracted with Audrey.

But we are all happy, we see each other quite often, Penelope and Audrey often have play dates, Oliver calls mom the moment him and Cooper have even an argument moms had to go out to Harvard twice to help but that is mostly done over the phone.

By the way I'm writing this is in my new journal as mom thought that would also help me with my stress. The best thing about my journal is I can call mom momma without being considered a baby and I won't be bullied for calling her momma.

Dated 03/31/2024
-
Anna-Kat Liberty Bell Otto