нαρρу вιятн∂αу, ѕαтσѕнι кιуσѕнι!

A/N: The birthday of Kiyoshi was months ago... But I never finished this

• ┈ • ┈ • ୨୧ • ┈ • ┈ •

Countless battles were fought, some prevailed, while others lost. Some warriors were captured by enemies, and others not.

Tears, tears of two kinds; tears of elation and tears of melancholy. Some weeped in mourning of their dear friend that lost their life, while others celebrated the win of their comrades and themselves.

However, none of that was happening today. There were no tears, no battles, no sadness.

There was, however, a celebration.

Yet, this celebration wasn't the celebration of prevailing a war or someone being crowned empress or emperor, this was the celebration of the formidable general, Satoshi Kiyoshi's birthday.

Usually, whenever it was a general’s birthday, a feast would be held at the palace in their honor, ridding everyone of their tasks for that day, to celebrate the aging of someone who risked their life a vast quantity of times to protect the kingdom and its people.

They’d celebrate with all kinds of food, like expensive desserts and wine, difficult-to-make dishes, and so on. A truly prominent cornucopia.

However, this time, it was going to be different. A few days prior to Kiyoshi’s birthday, the light-haired male, Xiang Bohuan, had paid a visit to the market. There, he made sure to get everything that was required for his dear beloved's birthday cake, from the lemon frosting to the golden syrup, and so on.

When Kiyoshi woke up that day, his birthday, he was confounded to see Bohuan in the kitchen holding.... Moon cakes? Yes, moon cakes. However, these mooncakes were very.. Interesting. To be exact, some of the mooncakes had a fish design on them, while others had the design of a cat.

A fish and a cat? Though Kiyoshi did not believe this was the most reasonable choice… he wouldn’t say anything. After all, the mooncakes did look quite endearing. On another note, designs were immensely bedecked, all from the eyes of the fish to the tail of the cat.

Why had Bohuan decided to make mooncakes out of anything he could have? Let alone make anything at all? Well.. It was simple. Two or so years before becoming a general in the army, the past youth had overheard a lady telling stories to a small crowd.

That lady, of course, was General Satoshi's mother, Satoshi Anzu, she was telling stories of Kiyoshi, and his older sister, Kayuri.

Apparently, the two, at a very young age, had successfully made lemon moon cakes, however.... They didn't successfully manage to keep the kitchen clean, earning a scolding from their mother, until she decided to taste their creation.

At the time, Bohuan had just thought it was some fun little story, he'd never thought it would actually come useful in the future. Perhaps the saying was right, that you learn something new everyday.

"Kiyo, a few years back, I heard a story from your mother about you and your sister making lemon mooncakes. The moon cake part was easy... But I seem to have failed at applying the frosting, care to help?"

Of course, Bohuan was lying when he said this, he could have easily done it himself, but it wouldn't hurt to spend time with his beloved, would it?

Kiyoshi was wearing a simple lemon-like colored attire, with cuffed sleeves that barely brushed past his wrists, along with hair brushed thoroughly and put up into a tight and not clean ponytail. This outfit would undoubtedly be a good choice if his hands were to get messy.

Bohuan, on the other hand, seemed to be wearing more… Alluring outfit. Overall, the outfit was white with golden and green details. By observing more subtly, one could view that there was a golden chain attached to the waistband, which went down half of Bohuan’s thigh, where a small hook on the cloth connected it.