CHAPTER 5 ~ WHAT SHOULD I DO?

A/N ~ Thank you so much for the votes, comments and thanks for reading. I hope you guys liked the story so far... Alan has been so so so cold right? I guess its time to see him smile?

..................

The next day, there wasnt a single sight of a journalist in front of the hospital.

It looks like the fuss about Pit Babe has finally calmed down.

Thats a relief. Yesterday I wasnt sure of what would happen.

"Good morning."

I say hello to everybody and am about to continue on my way as usual.

"Dr Jeff. Good morning," Nurse Sonic greeted with a big smile. "Did you get home safely yesterday?"

"Yeah and thanks again. I'm happy to see that the press is no longer here."

"Well, you know what they say, out of the frying pan and into the fire."

"Did something happened?"I asked curiously.

After you left. A man came saying that he was a fan of Pit Babe. He made it all the way here to the nurses station."

"What?"

"That's not all. The guy saw Alan speaking to Pit Babe and went beserk. So he grabbed Dr Alan and said stuff like 'Are you seeing my boyfriend?'"

Wow, that was all yesterday...

Well I suppose that's what happens when the Director tries to turn the hospital into a name brand by calling in celebrities.

"Eventually, Dr Alan ended up with an injury,"he said in regret.

I was shocked and panicked. Alan's injured?

"He was? How badly?"

"I dont know....he says that he's fine but there was a lot of blood on his right hand."

But he's right handed.

Alan... He's not here in the office. I suppose it would be a good time to take a day off.

Way is on the phone. I approach him after waiting for him to put the receiver down.

"I heard that Alan is injured.,,"

Way looked sad at the mention of him.

"Yes, I examined him."

"Is it bad?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose."Luckily there was nothing to worry about, no damage to the nerves."

I felt relieved. He wasnt hurt too badly.

"Oh good."

"Still he needs some time to rest. It was his right hand. We have to rescheduled his upcoming operation.."

Representative Bank Thanatip is scheduled to come in tomorrow."

"That's right and he's arriving at the hospital this evening. We made a call to Dr Pop but he's been away visiting his family. He's been asked to come as fast as he can."

Pop....I heard that name, he's always acted as Alan's first assistant during an operation.

"I'm going to talk to the Director but if the Representative can be persuaded, it is likely that Dr Pop will take place of Alan during the operation."

"Why not you?"I asked.

"Unfortunately I have a conference to attend in US. My flight leaves tomorrow morning."

"I see."

"Regardless, you'll be there. We'll continue with the preparations with that in mind."

"Okay. By the way is Dr Alan out today?"