Episode 6

I stared up at the apartment complex I had been sent to for a game.

'TOEI SENDAGAYA APARTMENT'

Read the sign as I looked up taking a deep breath in before walking up the steps alongside another man from the beach who I didn't personally know but knew was a militant. Chishyia was already inside and Aguni was still leaving the car and so that left me and the other man to enter.

As we crossed the borderline I came faced with around 7 others, one of them being a young female with a short bob who stared at me without an emotion of her face until my eyes met hers.

I saw her lips curl up into a slight smile, but I soon looked past her and followed the militant's actions, picking up a phone and allowing the automated voice to ring out until an unfamiliar voice approached my side.

"Um, excuse me." I looked to me right to see a sweet looking man wearing a baseball cap and a very worried expression, I waited for him to continue. "Wha—where did all the people in Tokyo go?"

I sadly smiled at the floor realising this must be his first game and opened my mouth ready to reply when a figure barged in between us and caught my wrist in his grip.

"Don't answer (name)..."

Aguni hissed, not bothering to look down at me and instead dragged me forwards with a surprisingly soft grip away from the baseball hat man and towards the phone table where he blankly swiped one into his grip and stood me in between him and the other militant leaning down so he could speak to me without anybody else hearing.

"What have I said about giving assistance..."
I gazed at the wall away from all the other people and settled a frown on my face. On one hand I didn't want to defy Aguni but I knew I wanted to stand up for myself and so I whispered back "It's his first game Aguni... we at least have to give the poor guy a chance..."

He didn't reply just instead glared down at me with that unfaltering stare of his I held the eyes contact for as long as I could until I heard a familiar voice call out "(name)?"

My head whips around and I see two other heads turn I the direction of the voice, Aguni and Chishiya have stopped to peer at whoever had called out for me.

As my gaze landed on the figure, I almost burst out into tears... "Arisu...?"

My voice was breaking as I said his name and his appearance flooded pure joy into my chest.

I moved forwards quickly and without warning wrapped my arms around his neck tightly squeezing. I could tell I caught him off guard as the made a noise of surprise when we made contact, but I didn't care... there was finally someone from my past in my life again but... that meant he had to suffer through this world as well and this factor made me curse myself for the joy I felt at his presence.

Our reunion hug was interrupted by someone clearing their throat and I looked up from Arisu's shoulder to see Karube towering over us with a smirk on his face.

My eyes widened and I unwrapped my arms from Arisu and flung them around Karube instead. I felt his arms slither around me and settle on my hips. "I can't believe you're both here..." I mumbled into Karube's chest as I felt a small trickle of liquid leave my eyes, wiping them quickly before anybody saw.

I pulled away form Karube's chest but kept looking up at him with a shocked smile as he moved his hand to be placed on the back of my head stroking my hair. "I missed you angel..." he whispered before Arisu interrupted him and pulled me away from Karube, much to his annoyance.

"(name)... it's really you...?"

I cupped his face and nodded, smiling widely ready to speak once more before a chime cut me off.