Fanna

Chapter 15:

Raghu sat on a wooden bench in the shamsan, the cremation ground of the village. He watched as the flames licked the bodies of the deceased, sending them off on their final journey. But his mind was far from the ritualistic chants and the somber atmosphere. It was consumed by regret and guilt, the weight of which seemed to crush his soul.

The villagers around him paid no heed to the him sitting there, lost in his thoughts. They were too busy with their own grief of losing their loved ones and the preparations for the next funeral. But for Raghu, the shamsan was a constant reminder of his failures.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to push away the memories that haunted him. But they were relentless, replaying in his mind like a broken record.

He remembered the day when Abhijeet, Tarika, Shreya and Sachin had come to this cursed village to find their friend, their family but little did he know that this decision of not focing them to go back would bring about the downfall of his life.

In the process of catching Sahib and fulfilling his promise to Bala Raghu had lost everything. His family, his friends, his home - all destroyed in the crossfire between him and Sahib. And the worst of it all was the moment when Shreya had taken a bullet meant for him. The image of her falling to the ground, blood seeping from her wounds, kept haunting him. He could never forgive himself for being helpless in that moment which kept playing in his mind all over again.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Sachin along with inspector were taking Sahib in their custody while he galres at Raghu. Ansha was shocked with the truth of Sahib and loses her consciousness, Kabir held her in his arm taking her away. Raghu turns to Bala as he hugs him with gyaan and the villagers cheering and felling the air of freedom.

Sahib glances at all and recollects Raghu words getting furious for failing badly.

"Kismat ka Khel tumhe jeetne nahi dega sahib"

He looks at the gun in inspector pocket and pulls it out with pushing the inspector and sachin away, shreya-abhi looks at his direction as Sahib shots bullet with pointing his gun towards Raghu.

Dhaddddddddddddddddd.....

Bhavu........

They all were shocked witnessing the scene as Kabir moving with Ansha pauses at his place.Bala,Gyaan,Uma kaki, Abhi-Tarika gets stunned with the fire shot as the cheer of people stop making the place complete silent.

The scene freezes infront of everyone as there heart snik down looking at scene infront them.

Sachin immediately grabs gun from Sahib hand punching him and make him fall down with inspector -constables grabbing sahib as he laughs out loud.

Raghu was holding shreya in his arms with blood ozing out, he was taken aback with seeing her.

Abhi:(runing sit beside her)Shreya(cups her face)tum..

Shreya:(smiles)bhai, sorry...

Tarika:(holds her hand checks her pluse and gets teary)Shreyaaa..

Bala- Gyaan also gather around her as she slowly close her eyes looking at Raghu with a smiling face as he screams her name.

Shreyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raghu along with Abhi was pacing outside the village clinic.

His shirt was all covered with blood while Abhi was shivering and trembling recollecting Tarika words while they were getting her here in car.

Tarika:Abhijeet, shreya ke pluse gir rahi hain aur khoon bhi bohut bhe gaaya hain.