Chapter 10

All Rights Reserved © Copyright 2013.

           Well you guys, I think it's time you see another side of Paige, a more...wild, weird, creepy and unpredictable side should I say?

This chapter is dedicated to @Taylorbianca because she is one of my best friends and I love her. I love you Taylorrr <3

I wondered what Hunter and Brooke had been talking about, because when they came back in Brooke grinned at me, and Hunter nudged her in the side. They walked over and we slid over to make room, I was sitting next to Archer; and as he slid his arm around my shoulder. I smiled, poking his hard stomach.

I didn’t know what it was about him, but he was so adorable that I couldn’t help but play with him. He had an amazing girlfriend named Allison who was transferring here next semester. He was so sweet; I had met him and Sara in Law and Ethics, (one of my two classes without Brooke), where we were discussing the work of Gandhi and I can’t explain it. The three of us just had a connection.

I looked up at him and tousled his hair, he was kind of like a big brother and I could see why he and Sara were such great friends, they complimented each other. She was outgoing but she could be very shy, so she contradicted herself; he on the other hand was eccentric and well, what’s a word to describe someone who is never dull?

“Meh, stop touching my hair,” he said in a mocking angry tone, it was also kind of whiny so he sounded like a little boy.

“No, I like your hair it’s fluffy,” I said as I continued to mess his hair up, I heard a growl come from the other side to see Hunter with his head on the table and his fists balled up tightly.

I nudged his knee with my own and when he lifted his head he didn’t look at me, I got a glimpse of his eyes which were darker, and there was something in them that I didn’t understand.

“What are you jealous? You have nice hair too Hunter, I can play with it too,” I said chuckling, I didn’t know where this side of me was coming from, suddenly I didn’t feel the need to be so guarded.

I rested my head on his shoulder and smiled up at him; he turned his head slowly and looked down at me. I couldn’t read his emotions but I raised my eyebrows up and down deviously.

“Paige,” he said, and his voice cracked.

“What?” I asked, I didn’t know what was taking over me. It was like being pushed into a fog of happiness, only I was willingly going into it. I didn’t want to hide who I was anymore.

Even if I didn’t quite know who she was, it would be fun to find out.

“Are you on crack?” He asked, and I furrowed my brow in confusion, I don’t do drugs.

“I don’t do drugs, why do you think I’m on crack?” I asked with a hurt look on my face.

“Because you aren’t acting like yourself,” he said, and I slid my hand up his neck and started to play with his hair, I had never realized how silky the strands of his hair really were. I didn’t even ask him, I changed my position in the seat from sitting to kneeling and grabbed his head as gently as I could.

I stuck my whole face in his hair, I am not afraid to admit that all the noise in the restaurant had stopped. I didn’t care, the me from this morning would have stopped immediately, but she had been tossed out.

His hair smelled like vanilla and mint, I liked vanilla and mint; I took one last sniff and fixed myself into a sitting position. Everyone was looking at me, and I relaxed throwing Hunter whose eyes were almost popping out of his head, a grin.

“Dude, you hair smells really good, and it’s so soft,” I said before I started looking at my menu.

His mouth hung agape and no one said anything except for Archer and Brooke who spoke in unison.

“I knew that under all that innocence that she was a straight up freak,

“I have no comment for that, but what I do have to say is where is the waiter? I’m starving,” I said and my stomach growled in agreement.

Hunter was still staring at me when the waiter arrived, after a moment I started to feel a little uncomfortable.

“Hello, I’m Josh and I will be your waiter today, what can I get you?” asked a cute guy dressed in a butler’s uniform, his name tag was platinum and stainless.

“I’ll have the chicken and broccoli with white rice, and a coke,” I said with a smile.

We all ordered, and after a moment conversation started up again.

“I’m sorry if my creepy random hair molestation frightened you,” I said to Hunter, cupping his cheek. As soon as my hand made contact with his cheek his whole face turned pink and his eyes darkened again.

            Cool.

“If you keep this up, you are going to definitely be the death of me, Paige” he said grabbing my hand in his, but still keeping it pressed to his cheek.

“So what do you guys think of going to karaoke tonight?” Sara asked cheerfully, before I could even ask him what he meant by that.