EIGHTEEN.

comment for motivation! also I've updated until chapter twenty and chapter twenty has 🔥🔥🔥 couldn't wait for aruna's return

It had been three weeks since the arrangement. Save to say, they were extremely horrible at coexisting with one another. Apparently part of the job required Y/n to live with Caspian (he had updated Aruna about it), and it had taken those three weeks days for Caspian to finally let Y/n into the studio. Coupled with another week of the contract, it had been a month since he had seen Aruna.

"You work alone?" Y/n glanced around, "sweet. How much did it cause for this studio, anyways? It's fucking big."

"None of your business," Caspian said briskly, "stop poking around. You are being a hindrance."

"Rude?"

God loved him.

And because god loved him so much, he has decided to lump him, of all people, with Caspian. Granted, he had technically accepted the offer, but hey, Y/n was doing him a favor! Why did Caspian have to be so rude?

"Why." He said flatly.

Caspian looked incredibly annoyed by it, and Y/n not so subtly noticed the grip he had on his...penknife. Or his sharpened pencil.

Oh fuck.

"What," Caspian hissed, "What the fuck are you doing here, if you aren't going to help?"

"Breaking the ice?" Y/n scowled, "How was I supposed to know that fate intended us to be here together? Gosh, I was kind of hoping my dear star-crossed soulmate wouldn't be such an asshole like you."

"And I was hoping I wouldn't get partnered with someone so blatantly annoying and someone who is just like a pest I can't control."

"Oh, look!" Y/n said cheerfully, "We do have similarities! We both hate the person we are partnered with! Maybe this won't be so hard after all. If I might remind you, you asked me to be your muse. Not me. For reasons I still can't identify. You live alone, don't you? Don't need your brother barging in."

Caspian didn't answer, and instead snatched the blank piece of paper Y/n was holding.

"Ouch! That hurt, my dear Caspian, you almost gave me a paper cut. It would be really, really nice if you could kiss it to make it better, you know?" Y/n winked, "Then maybe the pain will miraculously go away." Of course, he didn't mean that. But anything to get a rise of that merman.

"Shut up."

Y/n didn't .

Frankly, he was annoyed. There was a hint of bitterness in his sweet, honeyed voice.

"This is a pair thing, Caspian. Unlike horribly written disguised slow burn fanfiction, we actually need to have communication."

He didn't expect an answer, but Caspain finally opened his goddamn mouth to say a very intelligent remark.

"Shut the fuck up."

At least his vocabulary just expanded by two words. It was like watching a little gremlin grow up, "How touching," Y/n drawled, "But I dont want to have to suffer, or I'll quit."

Caspian stiffened. "You put a million scoville unit hot sauce in my food," He said at last, "I think it's very understandable that I don't want to talk to you. The other day you replaced my coffee with some weird lemony drink that tastes like it came out of the sewer."

Oh right. Revenge.

"Oh," Y/n smirked slowly, "That was lemonade. It expired."

Okay. Maybe he should stop here now. Caspian's grip on the penknife seemed to be tightening.