𐀔 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 ~ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡 𐀔

Lahore, Pakistan

Zayn Shah Nawaz sat in his lavish office within Shahnawaz Manzil, his mind consumed by a storm of conflicting emotions. The encounter with his mother had left him unsettled, stirring up memories and emotions he had long tried to suppress.

As he stared out of the window, the bustling streets of Lahore seemed to blur into a haze, mirroring the chaos within him.

With a sigh, Zayn reached for the the telephone, summoning his trusted advisor, Raza, to his office.

Raza entered with a bow, his expression a mask of professionalism.

"Raza," Zayn began, his voice low and measured, "Tumhe mere liye ek kaam karna hoga!

{I need you to look into something for me.}

Raza nodded, awaiting further instructions.

"Main chahti hun ke tum un dastawezon jaanch karni hai jo meri maa ne pehle mujhe di thi. Dekhna hai ke kya koi tarmeem ya interfaarad hue hain.", Zayn instructed, his tone firm.

{I want you to investigate the contents of those documents my mother presented earlier. Find out if there have been any alterations or discrepancies}

Raza's eyebrows raised in surprise, but he quickly composed himself and nodded in acknowledgment.
"Thik hai, janaab. Kal subah tak main aapke liye jaankari laa dunga."

{Consider it done, sir. I'll have the information for you by tomorrow morning}

And with that Raza left the room, Zayn leaned back in his chair, his mind swirling with questions and doubts. Even though he looked confident on the outside, inside he felt worried and unsettled.

As time went by, Zayn thought more and more about his family situation. He struggled to understand the complicated relationships within his family. The memory of his father's sudden death made him sad and affected his bond with his mother.

Zayn was lost in his thoughts, not realizing how much time had passed until he heard a quiet knock on the door.

He slowly turned towards the door and it was Zara, his sister.

She slowly came in and sat beside Zayn. She hugged him and was crying softly.

Zain was confused so he pulled back and asked her "Zara kya hua!? Kisne pareshan Kiya Tumhe??"

{Zara, what happened?? Who troubled you??}

She smiles with tears and says "Bhai, kisine Mujhe pareshaan nahi Kiya, bas Khushi ke aasoon hain. Maa...ko yaha rehne dene ke liye shukriya bolna tha aapko"

{Brother, no one troubled me, they are just happy tears. I just wanted to thank YOU for letting mom stay here}

Zain sighs in relief after he hears his sisters words. He gently wipes her tears away and smile slightly.

"Meri behen ke liye kuch bhi" Says zayn grabbing her shoulders.

{Anything for my sister}

She smiles and nods softly. "Acha Mera college ka waqt horaha hai main chalti hun"

{Ok!! It's time for my college, I should get going}

Zayn nods his head. Zara waves him a goodbye and goes away.

He then drops his little smile and comes back into his cold demeanor self.

He gets up from his chair and come towards his window. He watches her sisters moving figure.

He's a protective brother...