𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐁𝐢𝐠, 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐨

I smiled ever so nervously. Deep down I had wanted to keep my existence in America on the down low until I've achieved my dream to the fullest, fearing that if everyone knew the princess of Lousallés had decided to move here, they would all flock me and I'd go back to avoiding the outdoors due to the paparazzi. I wanted my life here to be less stressful, so that I could accomplish my dream which was right on the tip of my fingers. I've thought about changing my last name, because I'm certainly old enough now. I'm at the ripe age of nineteen. But although I hated the stress that came with this name, LaRue was my mom's last name too. I didn't want to loose that connection. But Mary didn't know any of this, so of course I couldn't hold a grudge against her for being so shocked. Instead I let out a hearty giggle, giving her a curt nod of my head. "That is my name." I told her truthfully.

Mary quickly wiped the shocked look on her face away, poshly thinning her painted lips out and trying to seem as professional as possible. She pushed the frame of her glasses up her nose, all adding to the sophisticated look. It was quite peculiar how someone's facade could change so quickly, but frankly I was use to the formality so it couldn't possibly bother me that much. It really did, I thought to myself.  I wanted to live as a citizen, not as a high ranked princess. I wanted to live a normal life for once, even though deep down I know that's quite literally impossible.

"Yes, yes. Mr. Thompson is located on the third floor, room 34, it'll be the last door on the right." Mary said awfully quickly, the words sliding off her tongue like an associate and less of a kind friend as she had spoken like a mere few minutes ago. And before I got the chance to respond, she was already reaching for the phone and dialed a number with skilled, dainty fingers. It was like she'd dialed the same number thousands of times. "Sir Thompson has been awaiting your arrival for days now. I'll call him right now sense you're here, so you best be on your way, ma'am." She quickly chirped to me before bringing the phone to her ear in a hurry.

I cleared my throat, feeling as if bile was already rising. It felt somewhat hard to swallow, like a tiny marble had been lodged inside my throat. This wasn't necessarily out of the ordinary, it happened when I was anxious. The most I can do is sooth my nerves. I rubbed my clammy hands together, giving Mary a curt nod before she began speaking into the phone. She took one last look at me, her eyes twinkling with a happy look. Her forehead crinkled and formed thin lines. It surely was a warm look that made me feel all warm inside. It slightly eased my nervousness.

I gave her one last smile and a curt wave before turning on my heels. I took a moment to look around, peering for a flight of stairs or an elevator. Which I certainly found both, not even a mere few feet away from each other. I half sped walk over there, trying not to trip over my own feet. I wore these thigh high amina muaddi boots, with clicky heels and cozy leather. Andre had gotten them for me awhile back for my birthday, which was a generous act. I do appreciate him sometimes... When he's not cozying up to father. I mean, my brother tries so hard to be our father, it's insane.

I made it over to the elevator and stairs. I quickly decided to ride the elevator up, due to the fact I'm wearing boots and don't wanna look all disheveled and sweaty from running up three flights of stairs. Underneath the panel with the elevator buttons on it, placed a large vase with pretty flowers, and by the look of it, they were the most pretty lavenders. So that's why it smelt like the most sweet and fresh lavender when I first walked in, I quickly noted before clicking the up button for the elevator. The metal door slid open a few seconds later, a ding following shortly after. I took a step into the elevator, not wasting any time clicking the third floor button. The doors closed and the elevator took off. My stomach dropped as we zoomed upwards, gravity tugging on my skin and organs.

The doors opened once again when the elevator stopped moving, my stomach dropping back into place. I'd never really liked that sensation elevators would give you, but then again I didn't like being on airplanes when they took off either. In my opinion, they both have the same sensation of gravity tugging on your limbs and made me slightly uncomfortable. But anyways, I walked off the elevator, looking around at the exquisite decor in this one long hallway. I'm not even kidding, it was just one long hallway. But I shrugged my shoulders and began walking down the strip of walls to find room 34 on the right. It hadn't taken me long to find it, as for now I was standing in front of the room.