026. haunted inn

Griffin pulls up to the inn that Sam sent them the address to. Griffin and Tabitha had spent the past few weeks at Bobby's, mostly at Sam's order since he insisted they needed a break from hunting. After hearing about Sam almost dying twice, the two teenagers insisted on reuniting with the two brothers, Sam giving them the address for a case.

The Impala pulls up after a few minutes and the two get out, getting their bags. Sam and Dean get out of the Impala and grab their bags.

Sam turns to his younger siblings, going to talk, but stops when Tabitha tightly hugs him.

"Hey, kiddo." He mumbles, hugging her back with one arm. "You guys good?"

"Alive. Breathing." Griffin nods. "Better than you." He grins.

"Ha ha ha." Sam rolls his eyes.

"Dude, this is sweet. I never get to work jobs like this." Dean says.

"Like what?" Sam asks as the four walk towards the inn.

"Old school haunted houses, you know? Fog and secret passageways... sissy British accents. Might even run into Fred and Daphne while we're inside. Mm, Daphne. Love her." Dean hums.

"Hey, wait a sec." Sam calls, making the others stop. "I'm not so sure haunted's the problem."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"You see this pattern here?" Sam asks, nodding at the five point symbol that's engraved on an urn. "That's a quincunx, that's a five spot."

"Five spot." Dean echoes.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"That's used for hoodoo spellwork, isn't it?" Dean asks.

"Right, yeah. You fill this thing with bloodweed and you've got a powerful charm to ward off enemies." Sam explains.

"Yeah, except I don't see any bloodweed. Don't you think this place is a little too, uh, white meat for hoodoo?" Dean asks.

"Maybe." Sam shrugs.

They go inside.

"May I help you?" The owner briskly walks out.

"Hi, yeah, I'd like two rooms for a couple of nights." Dean says.

A girl darts in front of Sam's legs, almost tripping him. Tabitha bumps into Sam's back, Griffin preventing her from falling on her ass.

"Freakin' giant." Tabitha grumbles.

"Hey!" Susan yells out after the girl. "Sorry about that." She tells Sam.

"No problem." Sam assures.

"Well, um, congratulations, you could be some of our final guests." Susan says.

"We're out." Griffin grabs Tabitha's arm.

"Ah, ah." Sam grabs the back of their jackets, pulling them back.

"Well. Sounds vaguely ominous." Dean comments.

"No, I'm sorry, I mean we're closing at the end of the month." Susan says. "Well, let me guess. You guys are here antiquing?"

"How'd you know?" Dean asks after sharing a look with Sam.

"Oh, you just look the type." Susan says. "So, uh, king sized bed?"

"What? No, uh, no, we're-- we're... two singles. And-- and a second room. Al-also with two singles. We're just brothers -- siblings. All siblings." Sam says.

"Oh. Oh, I'm so sorry." Susan says.

"What'd you mean that we look the type?" Dean asks. Susan struggles to come up with an answer.