1. Mysteries of Riverwood.

By LMNTrix117

1. Cover - 9/10.
The overall color palette is impressive, though it could have been more dark/dull to create even a more thrilling atmosphere!

2. Title - 10/10.
The title does create a thrilling atmosphere. It intrigues me, as a reader, as to what this story may hold in it. The word "mysteries" used in your title makes me wanna solve it, it makes me curious to know as what exact mysteries are there in the story.

3. Description - 6/10.
The description is nice, but it kills the suspence. I would be a whole lot happier to get to know about how many characters are gonna appear in the book in the chapters ahead, not in the description. The description feels like a summary of the whole book minus the ending. It could have been better if you hadn't revealed how the ghost killed one of their friends and that that's how they all drifted apart. Try to not include so much details!

4. Character and Plot - 10/10.
The characters style, names- all on point. I also like the way you mentioned how each character is important and there are still some characters who play small roles further in the story. Gives a good impression of the overall characters. Love how you made the characters all by yourself, that's some plus point for dedication and hardwork!
Just like how you mentioned it-every chapter has an intriguing plot! The plot is clear (no unnecessary turns and twists) and there isn't much that gives away the plot. So that's a plus point. Keep up the good work, bud!

5. Writing style and Grammar - 8.5/10.
Overall writing style is amazing! I like the way you provide the settings/structure of a certain scene where it's needed. The grammar is pretty much good too. Loved the way you worded everything!

The places where you can improve ⎚-⎚

⎚-⎚>Use inverted commas ("-") when you mention the use of speech or beginning and ending of any quotation. For eg., "Shit, Dylan. Damn it.", I muttered under my breath.
And then don't forget to give some space after the dialogue ends. That way, it looks much cleaner and organised.

⎚-⎚>There are a few places where the grammar can be improved.

⎚-⎚>Make use of commas(,) and punctuation marks where needed. Use conjunctions for a better setting.

6. Creativity - 10/10.
From the creation of characters to the creation of the plot — everything's on point. Fantabulous!

7. Originality - 10/10.
Even though the story line is something that is somewhat common for thriller/horror prompts, your originality can be easily seen in your story.

8. Review of EACH chapter thoroughly:

Chapter 1:
The way you started the chapter — chef's kiss. +1

You settled the scene for the reporter as well as the main character really well! The way the reporter told the news, it was on point. The way his dialogues were worded— so good. I like the main character pov too, it doesn't feel strange to read. It's as if he's narrating it himself, and sometimes it just feels like a good movie setting. That's already a plus!+1

I got ALL the necessary details I needed to know about the story to feel connected. There wasn't a single line that made me feel lost in the chapter anywhere. +1

The part where Alex receives the text from Dylan, late at night (around 1 am), it settles an eerie atmosphere. I won't lie, I got goosebumps thrice while reading the first chapter only. That's how good it is. +1