5.

today had been a long day, the salon had been so busy, i think today was worse than yesterday and that was the first day of new york fashion week so i expected yesterday to be our busiest day

today had been a long day, the salon had been so busy, i think today was worse than yesterday and that was the first day of new york fashion week so i expected yesterday to be our busiest day. but no. today takes the icing on the cake.

i had nine clients today. couldn't squeeze anyone else in even if they tried. no amount of money could have allowed me to fit anyone else into my schedule. people were calling to say they will pay triple the price of what my already existing customer has already booked in and paid.

but i couldn't do that. i'm building a brand and a reputation. i can't be known as the girl that's cancelling appointments just because someone with a bigger amount of money has rolled in. i'll never build loyal customers that way, and that's the way to build a successful brand.

so i had to deal with the backlash from the people who felt like they were entitled because they had a stupid amount of money to offer. mostly industry people. a lot of them pleading with me, saying their makeup artist had to cancel last minute and they need an emergency appointment.

find another makeup artist in new york. i know im highly recommended but i ain't the only one.

it's since beyoncé did it, a lot more people were doing it. not like anyone knew beyoncé came to my services but it just seemed suspicious. but then again it was the busiest week in new york. this was bound to happen.

speaking of beyoncé.

robyn said i've been acting up since beyoncé came into the salon. i haven't. she claims she hasn't seen me in forever, as if we don't live together and work together every day of the week.

so i let her sleep in my bed last night, but came to the realisation that was the biggest mistake i could have made. i had to force myself to sleep because of all the questions robyn was asking about beyoncé and i. like can a girl live a little?

it was now the morning, two hours before we had to leave to head to the salon. couldn't wait until tomorrow, it was finally the last day of our bookings. robyn sleeping besides me, snoring away. she's not loud but her breathing is so bad when she sleeps, i get scared. scared that i wake up and she's no longer breathing. that's how bad it is!

i had some emails to look over and set some things in my calendar. also updating the business page on instagram to remind everyone there are no services next week. i needed that week off desperately!

all that was left was that anticipated morning phone call from beyoncé. it had became apart of our routine. every morning she would call, sometimes we wouldn't even speak, just listen to me breathe like a psycho on the other end of the line. would call me every night before i fell asleep, twice falling asleep mid call because i was so exhausted.

my phone started ringing... picking it up from the bedside table, seeing the name, beyoncé🐝. appear. i answered immediately, putting the phone to my ear.