6

I wandered on the street but somehow ended up at company.

With the divorce papers in my bag, I decided to text his secretary and tell him I wanted to see Taehyung.

I wanted to end this marriage.

I didn't want to drag it any longer.

I went to the lobby on the first floor, but I saw Irene instead.

She was smiling and chatting with the receptionist when she heard me and turned around.

She looked thinner and darker than in the video and wore a simple shirt and jeans. Still, she radiated confidence, maturity, and stability.

"Long time no sees." She nodded at me.

I followed her to the cafe on the first floor.

"I didn't expect to find the same kosode and black chai here that I used to drink at the school cafe. I miss those days." She raised her eyebrows.

"It was so nice when we were students."

She started to tell me about her life in the past few years.

She was amazing.

She became a rural teacher and helped many children who dropped out of school. Now that the school was running well,she was famous.

"You're incredible."

I admired her sincerely.

She smiled.

"People only see the bright side. I almost gave up many times."

She took a sip of coffee.

"I came to see Taehyung on your wedding day."

My hands turned cold.

"I broke up with him because I thought I was loved, and I was reckless and selfish. I hurt him... But when I returned to be a rural teacher, I realized how hard it was to bridge the gap between ideal and reality.

"Many things were much more complicated than I thought. I wanted to quit everything and return to him often, but then I heard you were getting married."

"I'm sorry,"

I spoke.

She was stunned.

"I didn't know you were here that day."

She looked down and didn't say anything.

"I'm divorcing Taehyung."

I looked at her.

Irene's eyes widened in shock.

"Don't be silly."

She laughed suddenly.

"I've seen you in the media many times. Everyone praises you as the perfect wife."

"It's true."

"Can I ask you something?"

She whispered in the daylight.

"Why do you... want to divorce?"

I shook my head.

Why?

Because I was tired.

I also wanted someone who would love me and let me be reckless and selfish.