sweet beginnings

Yoko walked through the bustling streets of the city, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of her upcoming exams. Lost in her own world, she barely noticed the quaint little café tucked away in a corner. As she passed by, the enticing aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air, drawing her attention.

Curiosity piqued, Yoko glanced inside and spotted Don sitting alone at a table, engrossed in a book. She hesitated for a moment before mustering up the courage to enter. With a shy smile, she approached Don's table.

"Mind if I join you?" Yoko asked, her voice soft but filled with warmth.

Don looked up from his book, surprised by the unexpected company. His eyes widened in pleasant surprise as he gestured for her to take a seat. "Yoko-chan? Didn't expect you to be here... But, sure," he replied, a hint of curiosity coloring his tone.

As Yoko settled into the seat across from him, a sense of familiarity washed over her. Despite having never spoken to Don before, there was something about him that felt strangely comforting.

They engaged in casual conversation, discussing their shared interests and exchanging anecdotes from their daily lives. Before they knew it, hours had passed, and the café was beginning to empty out around them.

As they bid each other farewell, Yoko couldn't shake the feeling that this encounter was more than just a chance meeting. Little did she know, fate had already begun to weave its intricate threads, setting the stage for something beautiful to unfold.