The Blond Tutor

"Now, what potion is known for its pearly sheen?" Astoria groaned and put her head in her hands. They had been at this all day. Actually, they had been at this for several days. Draco dragged her to the library every possible chance he got. She was beginning to suspect that he had devoted every second of his free time to tutoring her in potions. Actually, with how often he grabbed her after classes or stole her from meals, she was quite sure. She had barely seen Aria, her own roommate, since the night in the common room. Her mornings, afternoons, and evenings were spent at a table near the back of the library across from a constantly smiling Draco.

It was infuriating.

"No more, Dray," she pleaded. She had taken to calling him that when she became too tired to say his full name a few days ago. He liked the nickname and so it stuck. "Please, my head is potion-y mush. My marks increased ages ago so I don't even know why we're still going."

Well, actually, she knew why. Or, rather, she had a guess as to why. Draco Malfoy had somehow found a way to spend as much time as he wanted with her under the guise of tutoring her in potions. And since she couldn't exactly say that it was wrong, her marks were improving tremendously under his tutelage, and she was enjoying being with him, she didn't try to argue against it.

Draco's lips turned upward. "Just a few more questions and then we'll be done. I promise." She practically moaned with relief. It was evening and they had spent almost their entire Friday in the library. Draco even made them eat their meals in the library and she had the sinking suspicion that he was viewing it as a date. Still, he bribed her with strawberries and chocolate so she didn't make a fuss of it.

"Okay, pearly sheen." Astoria wracked her brain for everything that Draco had taught her. "Amortentia?"

"Good," he cooed. "And what does amortentia smell like?"

She thought for a moment before her eyes widened. "Trick question! It smells different to each person. Amortentia smells like what you love." She smiled with pride, a look he returned. Then, he produced a bottle from inside his robe.

"Would you care to know what it smells like?" He asked mischievously. "I finished brewing this last night. It's one of the most advanced potions there is and since our tutoring doesn't include actually making potions, I figured you should still know what it's like."

Astoria gulped. Did she want to know what amortentia smelled like? Did she want to know what love smelled like? Of course she did. But was she ready for the scent? Was she ready for what it revealed? She wasn't sure she was but she found herself nodding shyly anyway.

Almost nervously, Draco uncapped the potion and held it up to her nose. She began to sniff at the air, smelling apple... and mahogany... and freshly cut grass... dungeons... and blond hair. Astoria pulled away rapidly. Draco. I smelled Draco.

"Well?" he asked, looking curious. He has no idea I just smelled him. And she decided that it was best for it to stay that way.

She nodded. "It was good." Then, almost acting of its own accord, her arm shot out and grabbed the vial, holding it in front of him. "Your turn."

Draco smirked. "Alright," he said slowly. "I smell a library... freshly washed clothes... a rainy spring day... strawberries, fruit and lipgloss..." She held up her hand to her lips shakily, running her fingers gently over her glossy lips. Me. He smells me. Draco must have realized it at the same time as her because his eyes widened. The library where we met... all of my new clothes from shopping... my birthday in April... my favorite fruit and lip gloss... Draco smells me.

"Astoria-" he said but she cut him off.

"Are we finished with tutoring now?" Her voice cracked. Draco looked almost relieved for the interruption.