𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

How did we possibly lose track of time? I set an alarm and everything. I was prepared this time. 

I quickly check my phone. The alarm wasn't supposed to go off for another forty-five minutes. He's extremely early.

Or we're just late, and stupid to think that we could actually have a peaceful birthday party.

I should've known.

"Mom! I n-need my pills." Christopher calls from the living room with a scratchy voice. 

Pills? That's not a very good idea when you're wasted.

"What happened to your hand?" Granny mutters with a thick voice.

Andrew's eyes widen and he stands up, "Guys, I think you should leave."

Aaliyah immediately walks out the back door and into the backyard, but Tessa stays there. She sits there with her arms crossed against her petite body.

"I'm not leaving her with that thing," Her voice is like venom.

Maybe hesitating isn't the best thing to do.

"That doesn't matter, don't you follow directions? Get me my pills!" He whines and "Oh, and get me some beer too."

We don't have any more beer in the house.

Tessa really has to leave.

"Tessa seriously, you have to leave."

She just sits there staring at us before Andy takes her by the hand and grabs her while shaking his head.

"Listen, it's not the time for you to be stubborn," he grips her arm and starts guiding her to the back door.

Tessa wrestles herself out of his grip, and slaps him on the arm, "Fine, but I'm waiting out by the shed," She struts out the back door, and Andy locks it.

"We don't have any more beer," Granny says in a calm tone.

"What do you mean we don't have anymore?"

Glass.

Broken glass.

Glass hits the hallway right between the living room and the kitchen, and bounces off of the wall.

My back stiffens, chills start zooming up and down my spine. My bottom lip starts trembling.

Oh no. Usually he doesn't get violent until at least a half hour into his fights, but he must've had some very strong liquor to be so violent already.

Andrew looks at me with hardened eyes and clenched lips, "That's it, I'm going in there," his fists clench at his sides, "You stay right there."

Going in there alone? Is he insane? What if Christopher brutally harms him and Granny? 

"No I'm-"

"Alyssa," he raises his voice, "Now's not the time to fight me, I'll be fine."

He gives me no time to reply before power walking right into the living room.

There's no way I'm gonna let him deal with this all by himself. He could get seriously hurt, or he could fight back and Christopher can put him in jail.

I wait about three seconds after he's gone, and start tip-toeing into the living room. If he thinks I'm gonna stay put he has another thing coming.

When I get to the doorway right by the living room, more chills run down my spine. 

Granny is on the couch with her head in her hands, and Andrew is cleaning up the glass that's on the floor. Christopher stands in front of the television licking the blood off of his already damaged hands.