Chapter 5: Doomed

Scarlett's POV

With Vienna being back, my brother seems happy, he is smiling again, I certainly don't remember when was the last time that I saw him smiling like that. Both of them have been staying back at the Knight mansion, ever since they returned, I don't know...something about some attack back at Ryan's place.

All in all, I'm happy for them...and as for me, well...I was wrong when I thought that I would get to see David more often now because that's not the case, in fact even though he is staying at our place as well, but it seems like he is not there at all, it feels like the same, I mean how it was before Ryan came back with Vienna.

I don't understand why, but I just don't see him around the house all day, the only time I get to see him is either when he decides to join us for dinner, which happens quite rarely, or either when I'm up late and watch him heading straight to his room, and when I say late, I mean like almost dawn, which makes me wonder each and every time that where has he been all night? And what has he been up to?

But at the same time I know I don't have any right to know or even demand the answers to those questions from him, because I know I'm nothing to him, other than just his best friend's baby sister, and obviously that doesn't gives me the right to even want to know his whereabouts.

But that doesn't means that it doesn't hurts me to see him returning home at such an odd hour of night because no matter how much I try to deny it but deep down, I obviously know where he spends his nights.

Maybe people are right about him, he sure is a playboy, I shook my head at the thought.

God! I need to stop thinking about him because obviously thinking about him all day and night isn't getting me anywhere, I would never have a chance with him...because what my heart desires is completely opposite of what he has to offer to every girl who has a...

Well, nevermind. I guess that's enough about David for the day and I promise I won't be thinking about him from now on, I made a mental note to myself.

Oh yeah? And how long is that promise supposed to last? A minute? Or two perhaps? My subconscious mocked at me, which inwardly made me roll my eyes at her, but I also couldn't deny the fact that she was absolutely right.

I sighed.

Maybe I just need a distract.

"Are you gonna get in or not? Scar" Charlotte's voice pulled me out of my thoughts as we stood before our school's huge gates with our car waiting for us, to take us back home.

I looked at my twin, who had already gotten inside the car and was ready to go home but she seemed annoyed with a scoff on her face, maybe because I zoned out yet again.

"Yeah, let's go home" I mumbled and just as I was about to get into the car, a strikingly familiar voice stopped me.

"Scarlett!"

I turned to look at the source, already knowing who it was.

"Scar! Hold on" Liza said racing up to us, along with Luke, who was tagging behind her.

"We are planning to hang out by the beach, do you wanna join us?" Liza asked.

Liza has to be the sweetest and kindest person that I have ever met, she's my classmate, that's how I know her. And well, about Luke, he's your typical jock stereotype kinda guy. I don't know if they are a thing or something but whenever I see them, I always find them together.

"Um. I don't know, Liza, I'm actually tired and with our mid-term exams finally being over, I just wanna go home and doze off" I replied with an apologetic smile. You know it can be really difficult to say no to a person as sweet as Liza.