ㅤ✶ fear is the mind killer

ㅤ♰ CHAPTER ONEㅤㅤ/ ㅤfear is the mind killer22032024 ˖ ࣪ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤ♰ CHAPTER ONEㅤㅤ/
ㅤfear is the mind killer
22032024 ˖ ࣪

Arrakis was a woman. A woman who had wrapped her being in coriolis sandstorms and protruding pillars of terrain standing tall on her surface. She has vowed to shut out anyone who dared to wound her. And yet she was chained by merciless foreigners who stepped on her land. As the centuries passed by, the shackles on her hands grew tighter. And her children wondered how such a powerful woman's might be devoured in such a way.

The astral body hung low in the skies of Arrakis, radiating luminescence. Cadmium hues painted her being in shades of red and yellow. Indistinct voices of the desert whispered in this void. Arrakis exists only to those who were cognizant of her power. Sand dunes spread out like oceans. The little crystals of sand almost seemed like diamond, the way they reflected the rays of the scorching sun.

Imaan lay at the spot where the morning sky amalgamated with the highest dune. She was free from the palaver of the festivities. She sauntered to this remote place away from Sietch Tabr to escape from this pandemonium. They were celebrating the arrival of their saviour, the supposed Lisan Al Gaib. They saw him in a strange outworlder, Paul Atreides. The son of the Duke and the heir to house Atreides. House Atreides was appointed as the new ruler of Arrakis, until their bloodline was completely wiped out by the previous tyrants who ruled of her land, the Harkonnen.

The Atreides voice had been rising and the emperor was a jealous man. So he made the Harkonnen do his dirty work by disposing house Atreides. Paul and his mother who was a member of the Bene Gesserit, were the only ones who survived this massacre.

It has been a few days since he passed the test of riding a sandworm. He called on the biggest one ever laid eyes upon. And he said it was nothing grand. He annoyed the hell out of her. But she couldn't change the people's minds now that the great Shai Hulud had claimed him as their own. The people of her tribe worshipped his divinity blindly. He was more than a man, but less than a god. But nothing more than a false prophet to Imaan.

Oh, how she despised him.

How she despised his emerald eyes hiding behind his coffee brown curls that hung over his well defined face. She wondered how they'd look if he had the Eyes of Ibad. Those eyes would look better if they were blue. But enough about him. He shouldn't be on her mind this often if she detested him. She wasn't letting this man to be her downfall. After all, there was a chance he could bring destruction instead of the peace he promised. Then why did she yearn to have more conversations with him.