Chapter 5

I stared at the 4 people infront of me. Everything happened so fast that I didn't even realize Shae being pryed off of Rosanna and suddenly became interested in me. Tucker shoved Jax away and ran over to Rose who was lying on the floor still frozen in fear. He helped her up and held her in his arms to help her stop shaking.

I stood there like a fucking clueless idiot until Shae launched towards me, causing us both to fall backwards through the doorway leading out to the balcony. I pushed up my arms
To keep the Shae beast from biting me as I looked around for a way to escape. I turned to see Chase running towards the door but Jax beat him to it locking the door shut he blocked the way like a freaking guard.

Rosanna jumped up, fear shooting through her body as she saw me underneath the monster that had just attacked her. She rushed towards Jax and shoved him hard into the glass doors behind him which caught him by surprise. "Why are you being such a dick?! Your Shae is already dead Jax and if you haven't noticed, my best friend is out there and she can get hurt or worse bit by your phyco girl!" Rosanna practically screamed into his face. Chase started moving towards Jax to move him out of the way. Before Chase could notice, Jax slipped out a knife at the ready so he could strike when Chase was close enough. Rosanna noticing this, screamed at Chase to stop just in time for him to notice the blade. When Jax went to strike out Chase grabbed his wrist and took the knife, throwing it across the room.

I watched as my friends fought with eachother. Did Jax seriously have a knife out on them? What the hell was his problem anyway? Um hello? Wake up call! Your bitch is trying to eat my face!
I suddenly gained enough strength to push Shae beast off of me. I stood up quickly only to be lunged at again and slammed into the railing. Yep, definitely some World War Z shit. I kicked Shae's feet out from under her so I could change the position to where she was against the railing. I peered over the bars as a thought came to mind. The drop seemed far enough to where Shae might be killed from the grounds impact, but since I wasn't so sure there was only one way to find out. As I let go of Shae's throat I shoved her as hard as I could even manage, Making her topple over the bars. What happened next I didn't expect. Shae some how knew that if she was going down, she was bring me with her as she gripped onto my arms with such strength I flipped over the edge with my infected friend. On the way down I could hear Rosanna scream in fear before everything went dark and a sharp pain shot through my side.

I wake up a couple hours later apparently by the sound of someone calling my name. My eyes flutter open to see Chase hovering over me. He let's out a huge sigh of relief and helps me sit up. A sharp pain shoots through me again as I wince in pain. I lean against Chase's shoulder which obviously caught him by surprise because he stiffened at the contact. I couldn't help but practically laugh my ass off. "Chase stop ruining the moment by making me laugh cause it hurts! Just except what's happening for once!" I say through my laughing and occasional winces from the pain.
Rosanna hearing me laugh jumps out of her place in Tucker's arms and practically tackles me, taking Chase down with her. He groans in pain but she ignores him as she hugs me gently. "Are you okay?" She asks with her eyes filling in concern. "I'm fine I'm fine" I reply as she throws a bunch of questions at me. Tucker who finally got up from his place on the ground, ran over to us. I gave him a look that said help and he immediately understood. "C'mon Rose let's leave Autumn alone so she can relax" He said as Rosanna began to stand up. "Why does Chase get to stay out here with her?" Rose asked while stomping her foot like a child. Tucker dragged a hand across his face. "Do you really think that I'm going to pick up Chase and carry him inside to W.W?" Tucker asked Rosanna who was staring daggers at him. Finally she gave in and they went inside leaving Chase and I outside. I thought we were alone until I heard the sound of someone silently weeping. I turned my head to see Jax next to Shae's contorted and decaying corpse. I shuddered in response but didn't go over to them like I should've. I'd pay my respects to Shae another day.

I sat on the front porch with Chase when a question flashed into my mind. Why did I let Chase stay out here with me? Probably because I don't want to be alone and since Wesley isn't hear and no one knows where he went, Chase is all I got.
I felt the cold breeze against my skin and noticed something while looking down. I completely forgot that I was wearing a croptop and half my upper body was technically exposed. I lifted up the shirt a little to see my entire left side bruised a dark shade of purple and black. I cringed at the sight. "Shit" I said staring at my side.
"You good?" Chase asked turning to face me. "Yea im good, I just realized I was wearing a croptop so I'm pretty much exposed here" I said, gesturing with my hands to my appearance. Chase looked at me awkwardly and turned away, looking at the ground.
"Hey Chase I have a question for you" I asked while resting my arm on his shoulder like there was no care in the world. Chase gave me a questioning look which was enough as a yes for me. "Why are you always so awkward around me?" I asked, curiosity filling my dark green eyes. I heard him sigh before turning his blue gaze towards my own. "I'm not even sure why..I guess it's because you seem like you don't like me and then you surprise me" He said staring into the now darkened woods. This actually hurt me knowing that I acted like I didn't like him. When he glanced back at me he must have seen the sadness in my gaze as I stared at the ground because he turned fully towards me. "I didn't mean to make it look like I ever hated you Chase. You, Wesley and Rosanna are my closest friends and I would never purposely want to hate you" I said still looking at the ground.
I sighed and stood up, the pain making me wince but it didn't matter. "I'm heading inside, Night Chase" I said before walking inside and leaving my friend outside in the woods.

A/N - As I'm reading over some chapters I'm noticing multiple mis-typed words that I wanted to apologize for considering I didn't notice them when I published the chapters. Sorry!
- StarlingCall169