𝐈𝐕 • 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 - 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

And she smells like lemongrass and sleepShe tastes like apple juice and peachOh, you would find her in a Polaroid pictureAnd she

She tastes like apple juice and peach
Oh, you would find her in a Polaroid picture
And she...
Means everything to me

She - dodie

WHEN DAHLIA WOKE UP, HER HEAD was no longer on Luke's shoulder but on the ground

WHEN DAHLIA WOKE UP, HER HEAD was no longer on Luke's shoulder but on the ground. The fire in front of her was still burning slightly and the sky was now in a bright orange.

The girl looked next to her and found only an empty space, so she wondered if Luke was really there last night.
Her doubts were washed away when she saw a small pocket knife lying in front of her. The girl smiled at the thought that Luke must have left it for her and reached for it.
She put it in the pocket of her pants, sure she would find a use for it, and then woke her friends.

After a few more hours of walking and running from a monster, they arrived at the Hudson River. Dahlia looked around and saw no hint of life in her surroundings except the slow flow of the water. Long branches of bushes and trees hung in the grey, dirty looking water, moving in the slight breeze blowing through the girl's hair.

„So how are we gonna get over
there? I'm not swimming through that water." Meg asked, disgusted. She stretched out her hand and let small tendrils of plants rise up. She played with them as she sat on the grass and stared at the water. Liam and Dahlia went in search of something they could use to cross the water.

„In moments like that I'd rather be a kid of Poseidon." Dahlia said. Liam chuckled beside her.

„Native Volks used to live here I'm sure there's some raft or something." Liam then said, while looking through the bushes. Dahlia too looked for some old boat or wood that they could tie together.

„How'd you know about the native volks?" Dahlia asked.

„I told you about my cousin right? Her ancients lived here and she visited it last year with her parents." he told her and Dahlia nodded. She wanted to ask more about his heritage but got interrupted by Meg.