CHAPTER III

2010 - 09 - 18

The group had gotten used to living like this. And more people came here. Lori and Carol would go out into the woods, with an armed Andrea, to look for mushrooms or some berries, or anything that can be eaten. Daryl and Merle would go out hunting, and bring back a rabbit or two. Dale would stand lookout on top of his camper. Shane and T-Dog patrol the area, exploring and looking for useful stuff. The two of them always bring something. Glenn, and sometimes Austin, would go to nearby towns to get supplies. Amy and Jacqui would cook often. Morales would go around the camp, helping with anything he could. Ed kept some type of a lookout while fishing. And Austin helped around as well, kept a lookout, spent time with Sophia and Carl. Speaking of Carl and Austin, they bonded. Carl noticed some boxing gloves and pads in the Mustang's trunk. When Austin explained that she used to train people and keep them boxing to the beat of rock songs, Carl stated that he would like Austin to train him the same way.

Amy laughed as she watched as Austin, wearing pads on her hands, and Carl with boxing gloves danced around. They were both playing air guitars. They were standing not too far from the Mustang, the doors opened, and Rock of Ages by Def Leppard playing out of the radio, where Austin put the disk in.

"You better sing, Carl.", Austin said while smiling and Carl laughed. She raised her hands, the pads facing Carl. "Get ready, here comes the chorus.", Austin said and Carl started punching the pads to the beat, causing Austin to sing, "♫What do you want?! What do you want?!♫".

"♫I want rock 'n' roll!♫", Carl sang back with a laugh.

Austin laughed, "Here you go! Now a break for the guitar solo!". The two stopped and started playing air guitars again. Austin stuck out her tongue, passionately pretending to play a guitar. Carl laughed and copied her, sticking out his tongue as well.

As the guitar solo ended Austin sang again, "♫Rock of Ages, Rock of Ages, still rollin', keep a-rollin'!♫".

Amy watched with admiration, and Carl continued throwing punches at the pads to the beat.

"Your eyes are going to pop out.", Lori commented.

Amy snapped out of her trance, as Austin and Carl laughed in excitement because I Was Made For Lovin' You by KISS started playing.

"No, they're not.", Amy panicked and went back to cutting mushrooms.

Lori smiled and opened her mouth but immediately closed it when Austin and Carl belt out lyrics while boxing, "♫I was made for lovin' you baby, you were made for lovin' me!♫".

Lori released a laugh as she saw the bright smile on her son's face. She turned back to Amy, "Just tell Austin that you like her, what do you have to lose?".

"Oh, umm, I don't know, oh right, her rejecting me.", Amy spoke sarcastically before eyeing Austin again. She watched as the fit black wife beater accentuated Austin's body. Her chest was pretty small but it only made her abs pop. And the baggy black jeans were sitting low on her hips. Amy couldn't help but swallow her saliva as she watched Austin's tattooed biceps tense with every punch Carl threw. Some of Austin's blonde hair fell in front of her face causing her to blow it away with her mouth.

"I know this song!", Carl shouted as another song started playing. It was Eye of the Tiger by Survivor and he and Austin started punching the air to the beat.

"Well, then, you'll know and it won't hurt your head anymore.", Lori stated.

Amy sighed, "It's just...she's so attractive.".

"So tell her that.", Lori continued.

"♫It's the Eye of the Tiger, It's the thrill of the fight, Rising up to the challenge of our rival♫", Austin and Carl sang together.