Part 3

End of Flashback
Daniel was now shooken to his core as he gripped his mother's sleeve as hard as he could. "Mi vida what's wrong?" Rosa asked her son with a concerned tone. "Mami, I'm scared," Daniel said while on the verge of breaking down. "I don't wanna go up that tree and fall again," he added. Rosa sighed, she remembered when her husband told her about what happened that day. She felt a swirl of emotions in that moment: anger, worry, sadness, but most importantly, relief. "Listen to me, my son," Rosa said as she pointed to the large beast of a tree. "I understand your fears and pain from falling down that tree, but it's okay to be afraid and it's ok to get hurt, as long as you get right back on your feet." Daniel started to calm down. He remembered how hard he cried and how bad he was hurt that day, but he was able to stand up and keep playing with his friend long afterwards. "Sólo sé que te cubro la espalda, siempre," They both hugged each other as she said that. The old man was visibly moved from the exchange and was considering giving a few encouraging words of  his own, but he chose not to say anything as it was none of his business.

"Now, what do you say we get his cat down?" Rosa asked with determination. Also with determination, Daniel said one wore, "yeah!" Rosa got down on her knees, and assisted her son on her shoulders. They both moved upwards towards the tree; moving the leaves and foliages to the side, they finally reached the cat. "Hey Furball," Daniel said softly. However, the cat moved in the opposite direction of him. Daniel was able to sense that Furball was shaking with fear, just like he was. He tightens his grip on the branch to make sure he won't fall. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you, I just wanna get you down," Daniel smiled as he let his hand out towards Furrball, to let him know that he's friendly. Furball  stood still for a few moments, then reluctantly went towards him and let the boy pet him. He purred as Daniel petted his head. "There, don't worry buddy, everything will be ok," Daniel said. Eventually, Daniel was able to grab him and his mom put both of them down gently.

The wrinkled old man smiled brightly and fully got out of his troubled state when he saw his beloved cat. "FURBALL!" The old man shouted excitedly as he hugged his cat hard. "Thank you so much you two!" "No problem,"/"You're welcome," the mother-son duo said at the same time. "Let's go home Daniel," Rosa said. "Ok mami" Daniel responded proudly. "Wait before you leave!" The old man stopped them right before they walked away. "I forgot to ask you this but what is your name?" He asked. "Oh right, my name is Rosa," she responded. "Rosa huh, that's a pretty name," a faint redness appeared on her cheek. Her husband always compliments her on how her name is beautiful, but hearing a stranger say that it's pretty made her a little flustered. "My name is Roderick," he responded back. "Well then," she waved her hand as she walked in the opposite direction alongside her son, "bye Roderick." The old man waved back, "bye-bye."

As they got into the car and into their seats, Rosa said something to her son that made him grin ear to ear, "I love you, and I am so proud of you."