Part 1

Lehigh Acres was perfectly familiar with the scorching summer heat, though welcome by some, unbearable was a perfectly reasonable descriptor for others. Ice cream trucks stood on every other corner, playgrounds bustling with children left and right, not a single moment was worth missing. When opportunity comes, those who seek it follow. Veterans Park, despite lacking in popularity during these scorching heat waves, some families chose to stop by, even for just a moment.

Daniel was seven going on eight, the passage of time meaning little a young hispanic boy, mom in tow. Rosa, his mother, loomed over him ever since he was child, her skin was akin to amber, and to top it off she had long black curls that fell off her shoulders. He took after his mother in many ways, like mother, like son. The purpose of their visit was simple. With a free schedule, the young boy had begged his mother to go out with him. Oftentimes, Daniel would find himself spending his hours with his father despite his busy schedule.
But today was different. Today, he would have his mom all to himself.

Turning a corner on the empty road, the mother-son duo couldn't help but overhear defeated muttering from afar, "It's no use.," A scruffy looking man stood not too far away, walking in circles beside a bench.

Daniel couldn't stop himself from tugging at his mothers sleeve, looking up to catch her gaze before pointing towards the man's direction. With a small nod of confirmation, the two made their way over to the stranger.

"Good afternoon," his mother started out, "is everything quite alright?" The man, snapping out from his troubled state was quick to stammer out a greeting in return. He was old from the looks of it, a seven year olds ability to guess a stranger's age was never truly known for its accuracy. Wrinkles covered his pale, sun damaged skin, from his face to his trembling hands.  on his face, slightly shorter than Rosa, and had white skin.

The man brought his hands up to his chest as he spoke, "Furrball ...
my.. my cat; he slipped off his leash and climbed up the tree," his voice trembled as he spoke, lifting a hand to point upwards. Both Daniel and his mom would follow the man's guidance, slowly scanning up what under closer examination was one of the tallest trees around. The two couldn't make out a cat through the foliage and leaves, the only confirmation of a cat's existence being a loud, unbearable mewl coming from up above. Daniel's grip tightened against his mothers sleeve as he continued to eye the tree down. He would usually pay those large beasts no mind, trees always stood tall and proud, even one as old as him could tower over him with ease. But actually paying attention to their size truly let his imagination run wild.