Chapter sixty two

"Aliyah," Irene yelled, running into the hall and behind her was a confused Rasmus. Everyone turned on their entrance and she quickly rushed to Aliyah who was getting up to meet her. "Edward..." she called, her voice seemed to be failing for she kept opening her mouth and closing it but nothing was coming out except Edward.

"No, I have to go," Rasmus said, finally suspecting what could be going on but as he got to the door, he paused and then turned to Alan, "can I borrow a car?"

"You can borrow mine," Sean said and stepped out in front of the door, "I'm coming with you."

Aliyah dropped Irene's hand and rushed to them, "how fast can you drive?" she asked Rasmus.

"Very fast," he replied and she ran out of conference room, followed by Steven and Sean. A few seconds later, a car pulled over in front of the hall and the passenger's door was pushed open. With speed, Rasmus rushed and entered the car in a second. The seat changing didn't last long as the car sped away soon after.

Irene watched them with tear filled eyes, she can't even tell why she didn't go with them but if what she saw happens to be true, then they are already too late as it is. "Irene, what happened?" she heard and turned to see all eyes on her. Scarlet held up the crying Asher, "he just won't stop crying, has something happened to Edward?"

A line of tear trailed down her cheek and she sniffled, "all I can say is that we have to go after them."

Hearing that was the last straw as Alan jumped into action, giving Aton commands to prepare the cars and arrange some strong wolves. What ever it is, he will get to the bottom of it and his daughter and her mate must be protected.

***

Due to the fact that they were going by car, the hillside that holds Edward's palace was farther than it should have been had they traveled through the woods in their wolf forms. And that fact alone was making Aliyah go insane. So many time she had wanted to jump out of the car and just run to the palace but Sean and Steven happened to calm her down, reminding her that it would be better if they arrived together and asking Rasmus to run under the bright sun is suicidal.

They were able to get her to stay but it didn't mean she was comfortable. The pain had subsided entirely but the fact that she doesn't know what could have hurt Edward so badly was what that was making her panic. Eventually, after what felt like a long drive to Aliyah, they approached the hill and as they drove up it, connecting to the road that leads to the palace, not only Aliyah, but their hearts were thumping really loud in their chests.

However, they weren't prepared for what they were about to see when they saw the tip of the palace and what looked like flame. Rasmus stepped on the accelerator and they all gasped in shock when they finally saw the palace. The gigantic mansion was covered in blue flame and it was clear that it wasn't burning as every brick was still in place.

Rasmus screeched to a stop and Aliyah and the rest jumped out of the car to watch in horror at what was before them. There was no heat coming from the fire and that means that it was cold, however, the main question was why Edward was burning his palace in a cold fire.

"Okay, I think this means that he is in there, we just have to find him," Sean said and walked up to the palace but as soon as he placed his hand inside the fire, a burst of wind threw him a few meters away from the house and he landed at the edge of the forest. Steven, Aliyah and Rasmus couldn't believe what happened and Aliyah and Steven rushed to help him up. He appeared to be okay, just a little shaken and he shook his head and blinked his eyes, "what the hell was that?" he asked no one in particular.

Rasmus lowered the car window a little and asked, "are you okay, Sean?"

"It seems to be," he answered, glancing at the house. "What would you make of this?"