31 - 40

Chapter 31

In the quiet banquet hall corridor, Su Anning carried her skirt and angrily found Bai Yin.

She was so angry that her whole body was trembling, and she could barely restrain her emotions. She questioned loudly, "Bai Yin, today's trending search keyword - was it premeditated by you to undermine me?"

"Those who live by the knife die by the knife. Sister, how could you not understand even such a simple principle?"

Bai Yin looked at her calmly and said, "You invited me to the celebration banquet of The Assassin to show me the difference between you and me. I came, so why are you impatient now, sister?"

Su Anning was spoiled like a little princess by her parents. She had never suffered such humiliation before. Her expression was fierce due to extreme anger. She raised her hand to hit Bai Yin.

Bai Yin was quick-eyed and seized her wrist.

Su Anning struggled, but unexpectedly, Bai Yin's grip was astonishingly strong. Not only could she not break free, but her wrist was also squeezed painfully by Bai Yin.

"Bai Yin, let go. You're hurting me!"

"Remember the pain. All of this is your own doing." Bai Yin stared into her eyes, speaking with great deterrence, "Su Anning, we have a long way to go."

After saying that, she flung away Su Anning's hand and left.

Su Anning staggered a few steps. Unresigned, she shouted at Bai Yin's back, "Do you think you'll get your way just because you married Chen Huaixiao? Do you know why he married you? It's because you look like..."

Before she could finish, Bai Yin glanced back sharply and smiled, "His first love, right?"

Su Anning was stunned for a moment.

This was the best card in her hand that she wanted to play at the most critical moment.

At this moment, Su Anning had lost her senses due to anger. The only thought in her mind was to make Bai Yin suffer beyond endurance.

But she didn't expect that Bai Yin had already known about it!

"That's right! He doesn't love you at all! If he's good to you, it's only because you look like the one in his heart! You're just her substitute!"

Su Anning viciously threw out these words, then tried her best to find even a trace of pain on Bai Yin's face.

However, disappointingly, she didn't find even a tiny bit.

Bai Yin stood elegantly in front of her with a gentle temperament. Her eyes were as clear as black jade. She looked as if she was watching a joke, staring at Su Anning.

After a while, she raised her eyebrows lightly, "That's all?"

Seeing her killer card had no effect at all, Su Anning's expression became even more hideous, "You...you don't care at all! Chen Huaixiao doesn't love you at all!"

"Why would I care if I don't love him?" The corners of Bai Yin's bright eyes curved up, "Sister, don't be silly."

"Then you..."

"The benefits of marrying Chen Huaixiao are probably something you won't experience in your lifetime."

Bai Yin didn't want to waste time with Su Anning anymore. As she turned around, the smile on her face vanished instantly.

...

She walked out of the banquet hall building and went down the steps. But at the corner, she saw a lonely figure.