Jennifer's Journal 5: Paradise

Jennifer's Journal: Chapter 5

This island is a miracle.

We all walked under the waterfall of lava across the ice bridge. We emerged inside of an iceberg. A dome like an igloo easily three miles high. The ceiling was full of frozen fossils and glowing lights that mimicked the stars but lit the inside of the cave.

Before us was a stretch of forest lush with fruit trees and feilds full of vegetables. Legitimate, non-poisonous, non-man-eating plant life.

I hate tomatoes so slimy and crunchy. I don't even like ketchup, but that tomato was juicy and crisp. Zues' coveted ambrosia had nothing on the flavor of those tomatoes. I didn't eat them, I drank them. I think I had squeezed the life from seven when Kalvin put his hand on my arm. With a half eaten tomato in his own hand, he pointed to the open grotto just behind the tree line.

For as far as we could see, the world was fully of radiant creatures. A herd of long necked dinosaurs covered in fur marched up from the edge of the dome. Miniture wolly mammoths play in the field. Penguins, we call them Summer penguins, with gold trimmed tuxedo feathers and black feathered flamingos crowd the pond at one end of the dome.

A tire sized crab without pinchers walked right up to Cheryl and shook itself like a dog. Nearly a dozen large mushrooms fell from its back where five times as many grew like a terrarium on its back. Cheryl bent down to pet the creature, and she cried tears of joy when it started purring.

Limbs pop out of a nearby turtle shell, revealing grey furry legs and a coyote head. It growled and barked, but we were all too stunned to do anything. Finally, Valentina asked, "Did that turtle just growl at us?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Here at the bottom of the earth
Lies Elysium, Heaven of Heavens
Restore us our mirth