𝓢𝓘𝓧𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝

Alaric's POV

She wasn't normal.

She was too bright and out going yet at the same time contraindicating herself with the depressed and withdrawn look in her eyes she'd displayed. I didn't like it.

I didn't like that I didn't know who she was. I stared down at her taking in the recovering tear filled eyes that I knew she'd fought hard against.

I didn't know what I was doing with her. I didn't know why I was holding tight to her small hand when I had never held anyone's hand, I didn't know why I was also not letting go. I didn't know why I was even standing here with her. It seemed I was getting a bit distracted with her; that was a problem.

I could kill her.

I could have her dead in the next minute her body disposed of into some ditch and nothing would happen to me, there would be no justice for her just as there wasn't for any of the other hundreds I've killed.

I wouldn't do it.

The idea of death had never bothered me, especially if it were some strange, but the image of her eyes blank and lifeless missing the energetic warm buzz to them, her skin cold and pale; it didn't seem right. Even bothered me.

I re-examen our joined hands. My gaze moves up to her face all the way down to her feet.

She was pretty.

More than pretty.

Her hair was a fascinating mess of ringlets that cascaded down her back. Her lips plump and pouty with an alluring soft red. Her eyes wide and a warm brown. Her body perfectly held a round ass and generous tits that I wanted to see more of.,

That was probably the reason I felt inclined to be near her; I wanted to fuck her. I wouldn't, she looked emotional. She would pester for more then the night I was willing to give; and right now I didn't have the time or the energy to deal with that, especially since she worked at one of my places.

She moves to slip her hand out my grip and I don't allow it. I tighten my grip and even tug her closer letting her fall into me. With her close proximity I get her sharp strawberry and vanilla sent that I've grown to seek anytime she's near enough.

"I'm so sorry Alaric. I didn't mean to do that." She rushes to speak, her eyes wide with alarm and cheeks coloured with shame, seeming to not realise it was my fault she'd fallen into me. She makes to put of distance between us but I continue to hold tight and just as I'm doing so I come to a daunting realisation; if anyone is being clingy, it's me.

It wasn't right. I thought about letting distance come between us but I make no move to do so.

She was weird.

But She was intriguing.

She asked how I was, called me kind, no one had ever called me that and for good reason, said she wanted to be friends 'forever'.

I had never cared for relationships or given them much thought. Besides Jack and Alexander who weren't related to me but felt as such since we'd known each other since birth, I had no relationships. I could not care less about people.

If they could do something for me, I tolerated.

If they couldn't, they were nothing.

I typically never bothered myself with us only took care of them when they got in my way. Except for the blond I had killed just the other day. I will admit I'd gotten carried away with her, but then the image of how she treated the woman tightly clasped to my hand and know I won't lose any sleep.

Emalia couldn't give me anything or do anything for me. She was useless, even leading me to make out of character discussions but something was reeling me in.

"I have a bit of time between classes tomorrow morning," She hesitated, then, looking at an old worn watch hagging loosely from her wrist she spoke again "If you want we can see each other."

I gazed down at her, analyzing her wide doubtful eyes, the places on her cheeks that had dipped down earlier when we were playing games were void of her dimples, she chewed on her lower lip, and her eyebrows wrinkled in distress.

Tomorrow morning I knew I had meetings, I knew it was the sole reason I was even here "I'll be there in the morning." I spoke waiting to see if she would give me a better glimpse of her face by turning towards me but she simply nodded looking ahead well a soft smile, I wanted to see head on, brightening her face.

"Ok! I usually go to the library during that time where I sometimes buy a muffin. I'll buy you a muffin." I didn't like muffins but I made no move to tell her.

"I'll see you tomorrow." We had arrived and she was all ready making to walk away from me.

"I said I would take you." She stopped, turning towards me.

"That's okay, having my car delivered," she wrinkles her face as the that "seems unnecessary and a waste of money. I'll drive home." Ready to object, she turned the corner disappearing from sight. No one had walked away from me.

I followed her around the corner watching as she took the back entrance to the restaurant and after a couple of minutes came out. She had changed into an oversized hoodie and leggings that no longer allowed see her body as to when she was in the tight black shirt and jeans that she was currently stuffing into her backpack.

When she was safely locked into her car I quickly moved towards my car and once she came out of the parking lot I followed a safe distance from her in order not to scare her.

I wasn't accustomed to following people for their safety, it felt off.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚
Word count- 1018

I haven't uploaded much because I've been terribly busy with school but since now it's almost over I'll have more time and hopefully finish soon, not that the story is anywhere near finish but I'll upload more!